Contribute
Register

[Guide] macOS High Sierra Direct Upgrade & Fresh Install On H270N-WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used this guide for my H270N-WIFI motherboard and it is working pretty well, except for two things: I cannot boot with two monitors attached and I can't get HDMI-audio working.

I got the Z270N-Wifi, I was able to install it, but I got a problem with the last part where as I have to do the HDD EFI file after doing it, It just show me a circle with cross on it. I tried to reinstall it but now I ended up with that screen.
It is never wise to copy a full EFI folder. You can use the config.plist as a base but need to make some adaptions like SMBIOS, graphic card, boot arguments ... at least the USB patch is correct this time :) There is also no ssdt.aml for speedstep in place and he put all the kext in EFI folder - which i dont prefer. If you not use the Intel HD 630 - like me, then some kexts are not necessary and some kexts are missing. So you need quite some work to get it running.

Used this guide for my H270N-WIFI motherboard and it is working pretty well, except for two things: I cannot boot with two monitors attached and I can't get HDMI-audio working.

I cannot help, because i only use 1 monitor and no hdmi audio.
Maybe it is worth to have a look at this thread. There is something said about dual and hdmi.
To Be Fixed
  • Dual HDMI on-board output
  • Dual HDMI on-board output audio
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ro-k1200-samsung-960pro-nvme-imac17-1.215787/

It is never wise to copy a full EFI folder. You can use the config.plist as a base but need to make some adaptions like SMBIOS, graphic card, boot arguments ... at least the USB patch is correct this time :) There is also no ssdt.aml for speedstep in place and he put all the kext in EFI folder - which i dont prefer. If you not use the Intel HD 630 - like me, then some kexts are not necessary and some kexts are missing. So you need quite some work to get it running.

I see, so what I did is reinstall it, I deleted the partition on the drive and reformat it, but now when I am trying to install it, it always end up with a screen with a stop sign on it. is there something I am doing wrong here?

Hi, first of all thanks for uploading your EFI folder. I managed to install High Sierra also converting the drive in APFS. The only thing is that the boot lasts 3 mins compared to the 25 secs of Sierra. Graphics, audio and ethernet works. I didn't uploaded clover to last version.
I've an intel i7-7700. Maybe some suggestions or any advice? Thanks.

I see, so what I did is reinstall it, I deleted the partition on the drive and reformat it, but now when I am trying to install it, it always end up with a screen with a stop sign on it. is there something I am doing wrong here?
During the installation of high sierra or during boot? If its during the installation, then you should recreate your usb stick.

Hi, first of all thanks for uploading your EFI folder. I managed to install High Sierra also converting the drive in APFS. The only thing is that the boot lasts 3 mins compared to the 25 secs of Sierra. Graphics, audio and ethernet works. I didn't uploaded clover to last version.
I've an intel i7-7700. Maybe some suggestions or any advice? Thanks.

You should definitely boot with -v and check output during boot.

Ok I managed to install High Sierra in APFS doing a fresh install, also dual booting with Windows. Booting in 23 secs and running smoothly except for some 1-2 sec rare freezes (maybe is fault of the new file system).
Everything works fine except:
  • Sleep / Wake
  • Dual HDMI
  • USB Type-C
Thanks again for explanation and help.

Last edited:
Everything works fine except:
  • Sleep / Wake

Schermata_2017_10_17_alle_02_20_33.png

I see you have Nvidia Card in details - Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB. Sleep/Wake works well with Nvidia cards. Its only broken with the Intel HD 630. I think the sleep is broken since Skylake Intel HDs came out. Earlier versions worked flawless.

Just wanted to say, that I successfully installed High Sierra using this guide.
My graphics card is a 1060 GTX.

Things to consider:

Bluethooth kind of stopped working though, it definitely worked once with my magic keyboard. No idea what happened:D

All in all, many thanks helping me run this amazing setup:)

high-sierra-hackintosh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back