- Feb 29, 2016
- Gigabyte GA H270N WiFi
- HD 630
- Mobile Phone
macOS High Sierra Installation Guide for H270N-WIFI and It also support for other boards too.
This is not an easy guide you need some patience to install it because it is still in the development stage many people reported that they can install High Sierra on their systems because of the new APFS file system make it difficult to install.
Now I found some trick to install on your Hackintosh, Let’s roll the dice.
What Works in this Hackintosh Build
All functions are working as expected on the new Mac OS High Sierra. These are the main things that a Hackintosher may reach for.
- USB 3.0
- WiFi And Bluetooth
- WiFi & BT working on Clover UEFI Installation
- Handoff, AirDrop, Universal Clipboard, Wake On Wireless, Auto Unlock, Unlock With Apple Watch
- Personal Hotspot with iPhone
- Built-in Ethernet
- TRIM support
- Intel HD630 integrated graphics
- Display Power Cycling
I can’t test these functions. One thing I can clarify that Sleep and Wake functions will not work with the integrated Graphics card. If you need sleep-wake function then you need to buy a discrete graphics card.
- Sleep Wake
- USB- C
This is the most important step so don’t ignore it. Read it carefully and make changes on your build.
Step 1= Load Optimised Default
- IN BIOS Tab
- Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
- Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI
- Peripherals Tab
- Initial Display Output = Ignore it
- XHCI Handoff = Enabled (In USB Configuration)
- Chipset Tab
- VT-D = Disabled
- Internal Graphics = Enabled
- DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64M or Above
- Save and Exit
You need to download some files to get things work. These files are necessary for the entire session of the Mac OS installation.
- Clover Configurator
- AppleALC.kext release
- Lilu.kext release
- Latest Clover Bootloader
- HDD EFI Folder
- USB EFI Folder
- A 200 Series Motherboard with Intel KabyLake Processor
- Working Mac or Hackintosh without this you can’t move forward.
- USB stick, 8GB or larger
- Open Mac App Store
- Log in with your Apple ID
- Download macOS High Sierra (10.13)
- After the download finishes the setup screen will appear you should Quit the app from the Dock. You can see the application in/Applications/Install MacOS High Sierra.app
Create USB Installer
This step is very tricky If you made any mistake in this step it may cause you more trouble so carefully follow the instructions.
- Erase USB Stick and Rename it as USB. Open Disk Utilities –> Select USB and Erase using Mac OSX Extended Journaled –> GUID Partition Map–>Erase
- Open the Terminal and enter the terminal command and hit enter.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction
- After the completion, you have to mount the EFI partition of the USB Drive for that use clover configurator and Mount EFI partition of the USB Drive.
- Copy USB EFI Folder files into USB Drive’s EFI Partition. It will look Like This.
- If you have NVIDIA Graphics card then add nv_disable=1 as a boot flag on the config.plist file.
- Now your USB Stick is fully bootable.
Install MacOS Sierra
- Turn on the computer
- Press the hotkey F12 or F10 to choose the boot device
- Select USB
- At Clover boot screen, select Boot macOS from Install MacOS High Sierra (The installer will restart several times so whenever it reboots repeat Step 2 to Step 4)
- When you arrive at the Installer, choose the language.
- In the top menu bar select Utilities and open Disk Utility
- Highlight your target drive for the High Sierra installation in the left column.
- Click Erase button
- Name: type Sierra (You can rename it later)
- Format: choose APFS File System
- Click Erase
- Close Disk Utility
- Highlight your target drive for the Sierra installation then click continue.
- After the first restart Press the hotkey F12 to choose boot device
- Select Boot macOS From HDD (HDD name will depend on in which name you choose when the HDD was erasing)
- At Clover boot screen, Choose the HDD that you installed the new High Sierra.
- Complete Your installation it will take some time to complete.
After the installation complete you have to install Clover bootloader and other kexts to boot from your High Sierra HDD.
- First, you have to mount the HDD’s EFI partition where you installed the High Sierra.
- Copy HDD EFI Folder files into HDD’s EFI Folder (Download Link is given in the Download Section of this guide.)
- After copying all the content make sure you have 7 Kexts and also verify that EH01 and EH02 are present in the config.plist if it is not present then apply those patches using Clover configurator. Here how it will look Like. Make sure these patches are installed.
- Audio, Ethernet, Graphics will Load automatically so You don’t have to worry about anything all patches are included with the ready-made EFI folder.
- NVIDIA users need to add NVIDIA Web patch the same method that you used in Sierra. NVIDIA Web drivers for High Sierra is now available to download.
- Now you can safely eject your USB Stick and Reboot your computer and boot High Sierra from the HDD.
If you don’t need to fresh install the OS then you can try this method. Before you start I recommended you to make a backup using Carbon copy. Follow the below instructions to update your current operating system to macOS High Sierra.
- Download Mac OS High Sierra from the App Store
- Update your Clover Boot-loader to latest version
- Copy the entire files from My EFI Folder then replace it with your HDD’s EFI partition. If you have additional patches then hold that for a while you can add it later.
- After replacing the contents from EFI partition restart your computer.
- Then Open Install Mac OS High Sierra from the Application folder and follow the instruction.
- While upgrading your system will restart several times so keep calm. It will take you to the Desktop after sometimes.
- After the installation, it will show you the final configuration complete it then you are good to go.