Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
found another working layout 17 *layout-id 11000000*

try that no go, but i discover the best layer to use is 11, as some of the others give a cracking sound on start and finish, not sure if any one else discovered that

I'm having an issue on 10.15.3, the Deskmini boots past the Apple progress bar but then cycles through the monitor inputs and goes blank. I've tried using the onboard DP and HDMI sockets on their own but they both perform the same. This is using the Clover EFI EDL posted (attached), I've tried this and multiple other configurations (Both Clover and OC) but none have worked and I've tried every patch I could find on these forums and ******.

The SSD I'm using was in another Hackintosh where it worked fine and was using an external Nvidia Geforce card, I've completely removed any trace of the old EFI and rebuilt a number of times.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 53
I'm having an issue on 10.15.3, the Deskmini boots past the Apple progress bar but then cycles through the monitor inputs and goes blank. I've tried using the onboard DP and HDMI sockets on their own but they both perform the same. This is using the Clover EFI EDL posted (attached), I've tried this and multiple other configurations (Both Clover and OC) but none have worked and I've tried every patch I could find on these forums and ******.

The SSD I'm using was in another Hackintosh where it worked fine and was using an external Nvidia Geforce card, I've completely removed any trace of the old EFI and rebuilt a number of times.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • Upgrade WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext to latest versions.
  • I had strange video problems when I set framebuffer-portcount. See here.
  • Have you tried without framebuffer-fbmem and framebuffer-unifiedmem in your device properties?

Thank you, see below findings:

• Upgrade WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext to latest versions. - this had the same power-saving screens result
  • I had strange video problems when I set framebuffer-portcount. See here. - tried blanking both as in your post, same result unfortunately
  • Have you tried without framebuffer-fbmem and framebuffer-unifiedmem in your device properties? - same results again sorry

Another thing I forgot to mention is the Asrock is running BIOS 4.40 and also after a few moments of the power saving on the monitors and the HD light flashing the unit reboots itself and goes back to POST/Clover. I tried on DP first and then HDMI only through all 3 steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back