Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, see below findings:

Another thing I forgot to mention is the Asrock is running BIOS 4.40 and also after a few moments of the power saving on the monitors and the HD light flashing the unit reboots itself and goes back to POST/Clover. I tried on DP first and then HDMI only through all 3 steps.

I've managed to get into Catalina using the -igfxvesa Clover boot flag, this gives me no hardware acceleration/framebuffer and shows the same output on DP and HDMI with no option for separate screens but at least feels like progress. Will work with Hackintool to see if I can get the outputs/acceleration working.

Open Core 0.6.0 . Use your generic. DP work, HDMI not tested, replece usbmap.kext with your USBPort

Attachments

• oc_0.6.0_beta_rel_EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 20.36.36.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 20.36.36.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 69
Thanks!

It's beta, right? I'm probably wait for the final 0.6 ...

Thanks!

It's beta, right? I'm probably wait for the final 0.6 ...
it's your choice) all open core is a big beta:geek:, for developers, testers and enthusiasts .0.5.6 will be released no earlier than August 1

it's your choice) all open core is a big beta:geek:, for developers, testers and enthusiasts .0.5.6 will be released no earlier than August 1

Of course - that's true :beachball: u are right.

I managed to get hardware acceleration and dual-screen (DP + HDMI) working with the attached Clover EDI (Based on 5119), there's a small bug where the HDMI has to be unplugged once logged in and plugged back in (Tearing occurs on both screens about 30 seconds after boot until this is done).

I also added Bluetooth support for my Asus USB BT-400 module.

The serials etc just need re-generating, hopefully this is helpful to someone.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9 MB · Views: 79
I managed to get hardware acceleration and dual-screen (DP + HDMI) working with the attached Clover EDI (Based on 5119), there's a small bug where the HDMI has to be unplugged once logged in and plugged back in (Tearing occurs on both screens about 30 seconds after boot until this is done).

I also added Bluetooth support for my Asus USB BT-400 module.

The serials etc just need re-generating, hopefully this is helpful to someone.
Why 2 tables to control processor power managment?
Why 2 ways of mapping usb? ssdt-uiac and usbPort.kext?
I checked your config, found a bunch of errors, fixed it, try it replace EFI

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 23.24.05.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 23.24.05.png
    528.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 111EFI.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 87
Why 2 tables to control processor power managment?
Why 2 ways of mapping usb? ssdt-uiac and usbPort.kext?
I checked your config, found a bunch of errors, fixed it, try it replace EFI
ssdt-uiac doesn't do anything without USBInjectAll.kext so would be best to have that removed anyway :)

Thanks everyone I'll try that updated config and report back later this week, I'm still getting my head around the USB config options.

he has no usbinjectall in Other. the clover injects this ssdt-table and displays a bunch of errors in the kernel log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back