Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS Catalina on ASRock DeskMini 310 with 9th Gen Intel Core CPU, Dual-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi buddy,

i am using oc 0.5.9 and seems hdmi no longer work, right?

working hdmi does not depend on the version of open core

Open Core 0.6.0 . Use your generic. DP work, HDMI not tested, replece usbmap.kext with your USBPort

have you try this on 10.15.5?

I managed to get hardware acceleration and dual-screen (DP + HDMI) working with the attached Clover EDI (Based on 5119), there's a small bug where the HDMI has to be unplugged once logged in and plugged back in (Tearing occurs on both screens about 30 seconds after boot until this is done).

I also added Bluetooth support for my Asus USB BT-400 module.

The serials etc just need re-generating, hopefully this is helpful to someone.

Nice job. A few observations:

According to this guide
  • you don't need to rename AZAL or HDAS when you're using Lilu/WhateverGreen/AppleALC - you can disable these renames in your config.plist.
  • You also don't need boot-arg -disablegfxfirmware with WhateverGreen
  • this guide recommends against the use of property framebuffer-unifiedmem, are you sure you need it?
I see you're also using the AGDP fix documented here. This was necessary on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini to enable multiple displays. Was that also required with this build?

Are you sure that you want to be injecting a Device (EC) (with your EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched SSDT-EC.aml) AND renaming EC0 > EC, H_EC > EC, ECDV > EC? You should not be renaming an ECx device AND injecting an EC device. Do one or the other depending on your DSDT.

Ideally, you should look at your extracted DSDT, find the ECx device in your extracted DSDT and choose ONE Clover renaming rule that is needed for your DSDT. Use Clover F4 to extract your ACPI. Yes - Rehabman's guide is still relevant :)

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 22.46.06.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 22.46.06.png
    196.8 KB · Views: 81

cool! did you add the possible fix to hdmi into this config?

Nice job. A few observations:

According to this guide
  • you don't need to rename AZAL or HDAS when you're using Lilu/WhateverGreen/AppleALC - you can disable these renames in your config.plist.
  • You also don't need boot-arg -disablegfxfirmware with WhateverGreen
  • this guide recommends against the use of property framebuffer-unifiedmem, are you sure you need it?
I see you're also using the AGDP fix documented here. This was necessary on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini to enable multiple displays. Was that also required with this build?

Are you sure that you want to be injecting a Device (EC) (with your EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched SSDT-EC.aml) AND renaming EC0 > EC, H_EC > EC, ECDV > EC? You should not be renaming an ECx device AND injecting an EC device. Do one or the other depending on your DSDT.

Ideally, you should look at your extracted DSDT, find the ECx device in your extracted DSDT and choose ONE Clover renaming rule that is needed for your DSDT. Use Clover F4 to extract your ACPI. Yes - Rehabman's guide is still relevant :)

Thank you for the feedback, I used the fixed EFI that viorel78 posted (Thank you also) and then have now taken out unnecessary rename/fixes, the -disablegfxfirmware boot arg, unifiedmem property and the AGDP fix (It wasn't required either).

I've attached the config.plist as it stands, the only bug remaining is the screen corruption around 30 seconds after boot which fixes once the HDMI is unplugged and plugged back in. Both screens from that point work fine. One additional thing I did notice was that when the device goes to sleep the HDMI screen goes green and refuses to return back to original state until I reboot (Likely a power saving issue?).

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 73
Thank you for the feedback, I used the fixed EFI that viorel78 posted (Thank you also) and then have now taken out unnecessary rename/fixes, the -disablegfxfirmware boot arg, unifiedmem property and the AGDP fix (It wasn't required either).

I've attached the config.plist as it stands, the only bug remaining is the screen corruption around 30 seconds after boot which fixes once the HDMI is unplugged and plugged back in. Both screens from that point work fine. One additional thing I did notice was that when the device goes to sleep the HDMI screen goes green and refuses to return back to original state until I reboot (Likely a power saving issue?).

Glad to help. I may have missed these questions/answers in a previous post, so forgive me if you've already answered these:
  1. Would you be able to post your current IORegistry dump (use IORegistryExplorer v2.1)?
  2. Have you enabled Intel Management Engine in your BIOS configuration? Sleep / wake for me did not work properly on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (UHD 630) when I had Intel ME disabled
  3. Are you using any video adapters (e.g. HDMI -> DP or HDMI -> DVI)?

I added a working config for you, why are you adding unnecessary patches again?
delete boot arguments - slide=0 nv_disable=1 darkwake=1
Audio inject layout 3 why? but in properties layout 28?. disable layout 3
disable kernel and kext patches
wrong values in RtVariables...
You a using now a frambuffer for laptop MacBookPro15.1(0x3E9B0000)
try to use a default framebuffer 0x3E920000 (0000923E)
and add boot argument igfxonln=1

Last edited:
Glad to help. I may have missed these questions/answers in a previous post, so forgive me if you've already answered these:
  1. Would you be able to post your current IORegistry dump (use IORegistryExplorer v2.1)?
  2. Have you enabled Intel Management Engine in your BIOS configuration? Sleep / wake for me did not work properly on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (UHD 630) when I had Intel ME disabled
  3. Are you using any video adapters (e.g. HDMI -> DP or HDMI -> DVI)?
In bios no option Intel ME
Frambuffer patch working fine until 10.15.4 - after update update 10.15.4 Vit added a temporaly fix in WhateverGreen.kext (bootarg igfxonln) but it looks like it no longer works 10.15.5
PS
found your posts in general-framebuffer-patching:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back