Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can safely update to the newly updated 10.11.1 final revision
There are no issues
If you want, clover 3292 is also released

In fact, you need Clover v3292 or later for 10.11.1.

With the UHD model there is problem because iokit patch is not yet available.

See if the 10.11 patch works on 10.11.1. (you'll need to look through the script to find it, and manually run the perl command).

Lately, the md5 is changing (due to compiler diffs), but the patch still matches.

See if the 10.11 patch works on 10.11.1. (you'll need to look through the script to find it, and manually run the perl command).

Lately, the md5 is changing (due to compiler diffs), but the patch still matches.

yup, it works! Thanks for the tip.

I was able to run it on 3280 for the betas and final builds, interesting

The final 10.11.1 beta and final 10.11.1 requires my change to the KernelPm patch.

To Rehabman,

Thanks for this awesome guide. Everything works perfectly. Sleep takes a little bit of time but it works. The only problems i face is that i am unable to tuen bluetooth off and when i play mkv files full hd in vlc the screen goes grey and it stutters for like 3 seconds. iMessage works but I cant send any messages. It just says this number is not registered on iMessage even though it is. Facetime works but iMessage doesnt

Apart from that everything is buttery smooth. Just updated to the latest update.

Finally got usb tether to work
the problem that el capitan doesn't auto mount the device as network drive
and HoRNDIS doesn't work with el capitan .. as it works only with previous versions although usb tether was automatic without any need to HoRNDIS in previous versions

any way i searched and found that HoRNDIS doesn't work with el capitan, but there is workaround to make it able to mount the device by first applying the tethering then unloading the kext without removing the cable from the device then loading the kext again

so steps as following

1- start tethering.
then use terminal and go to the directory where you installed HoRNDIS kext ...
2- from terminal :
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext

then u will find that your device started tethering without any problem

also @rehabman

i tested this method with both FakePCIID_XHCMI.kext and USBXHCI_y50.kext in extensions folder and worked perfect

then tested again with only FakePCIID_XHCMI.kext and also worked perfect

then removed both FakePCIID_XHCMI.kext and USBXHCI_Y50.kext and still working perfect

so it doesn't rely o any of them

also if you disconnect the cable from the device then u will need to unload HoRNDIS.kext then load it again from terminal

Also attached ioreg backup with htc one max connected and tethering perfect

You sir, are my hero.

The final 10.11.1 beta and final 10.11.1 requires my change to the KernelPm patch.

Odd that it was never the case for me @_@
Could it be because I didn't rebuild the kernal cache?

To Rehabman,

Thanks for this awesome guide. Everything works perfectly. Sleep takes a little bit of time but it works. The only problems i face is that i am unable to tuen bluetooth off and when i play mkv files full hd in vlc the screen goes grey and it stutters for like 3 seconds. iMessage works but I cant send any messages. It just says this number is not registered on iMessage even though it is. Facetime works but iMessage doesnt

Apart from that everything is buttery smooth. Just updated to the latest update.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back