Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tested this method with both FakePCIID_XHCMI.kext and USBXHCI_y50.kext in extensions folder and worked perfect

then tested again with only FakePCIID_XHCMI.kext and also worked perfect

then removed both FakePCIID_XHCMI.kext and USBXHCI_Y50.kext and still working perfect

FakePCIID_XHCIMux and USBXHCI_y50.kext serve to make USB ports work correctly.

If you happen to pick a port that already works...

Upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan, everything's working perfectly, but one thing
This is the second time I'm installing OSX on this laptop, I remember the first time I had working Bluetooth, but now it doesn't work, is there a way to fix it?
I have stock hardware, haven't changed anything.
Also is there a kext for stock wireless card?

Upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan, everything's working perfectly, but one thing
This is the second time I'm installing OSX on this laptop, I remember the first time I had working Bluetooth, but now it doesn't work, is there a way to fix it?

You need to install the patches again then reboot 1 or 2 times and it will work

Did you run ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh after upgrading?

No stock kext for intel wireless
Bluetooth works after a reboot

I was pretty sure that I did those commands, well I did them again and BT is working fine now.
I don't want to sound silly or something, but isn't it possible for the hackintosh community to write the kext for intel wireless?

I was pretty sure that I did those commands, well I did them again and BT is working fine now.
I don't want to sound silly or something, but isn't it possible for the hackintosh community to write the kext for intel wireless?

Easier said than done. There definitely were attempts, years ago albeit, mainly developing for older intel cards.

After trying to get iMessage to work(failed), my bluetooth somehow stopped working, not like completely, I can pair with my iPhone like I could previously, but before doing cloverconfigurator magic wand thingy, I was using my iPhone as bluetooth hotspot, which worked perfectly, but now it always shows "Network is unavailable Make sure device is turned on and in range", how can that be fixed?
Also the iMessage/FaceTime thing is that it says "You cannot sign in to FaceTime on this Mac at this time".

After trying to get iMessage to work(failed), my bluetooth somehow stopped working, not like completely, I can pair with my iPhone like I could previously, but before doing cloverconfigurator magic wand thingy, I was using my iPhone as bluetooth hotspot, which worked perfectly, but now it always shows "Network is unavailable Make sure device is turned on and in range", how can that be fixed?
Also the iMessage/FaceTime thing is that it says "You cannot sign in to FaceTime on this Mac at this time".

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Also, iMessage guide is linked from post #1.

You can safely update to the newly updated 10.11.1 final revision
There are no issues
If you want, clover 3292 is also released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back