Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd that it was never the case for me @_@
Could it be because I didn't rebuild the kernal cache?

Keep in mind my comments are regarding 10.11.1, not 10.11.

The last 10.11.1 beta was released only a couple days ago... It is likely you simply never updated to it.

And no... nothing to do with kernel cache.

Keep in mind my comments are regarding 10.11.1, not 10.11.

The last 10.11.1 beta was released only a couple days ago... It is likely you simply never updated to it.

And no... nothing to do with kernel cache.

I've set it to autoupdate to all beta revisions. Last beta was last Wednesday.
But even today, I updated without updating clover
It was until a few reboots after that I decided to update clover
Either or, may be a fluke

I've set it to autoupdate to all beta revisions. Last beta was last Wednesday.

The update that broke the patch was 2015-10-16 Friday.

Early reboot was happening upon launching the installer, so I figured out what was changed, implemented the fix, tested it, and posted the fix to insanely on the same day: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306156-clover-bugissue-report-and-patch/page-9#entry2178669

But even today, I updated without updating clover

Only possible if CFG-lock is not implemented in BIOS (bit 15 of MSR 0xE2 not set).

Perhaps you have a patched BIOS without CFG-lock.

The update that broke the patch was 2015-10-16 Friday.

Early reboot was happening upon launching the installer, so I figured out what was changed, implemented the fix, tested it, and posted the fix to insanely on the same day: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306156-clover-bugissue-report-and-patch/page-9#entry2178669

Only possible if CFG-lock is not implemented in BIOS (bit 15 of MSR 0xE2 not set).

Perhaps you have a patched BIOS without CFG-lock.

Bios 3.0.2 unpatched, never been cracked or patched
Who knows, was the 10-16 patch in the public beta? It was never pushed to me.
I was on beta 4 which was the last public beta, but release was 2015-10-14 Wednesday

Bios 3.0.2 unpatched, never been cracked or patched

You can test if MSR 0xE2 is locked by setting config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=false and seeing if you can still boot.

Who knows, was the 10-16 patch in the public beta?

Not sure.

It was never pushed to me.

It would have been easy to miss.

Bottom line: If your MSR 0xE2 is locked, you need Clover r3292+ to boot 10.11.1.

Can you help me regarding my bluetooth, imessage ? I cant turn bluetooth off and imessage says the number or email is not registered with iMessage.

Can you help me regarding my bluetooth, imessage ? I cant turn bluetooth off and imessage says the number or email is not registered with iMessage.

Did you replace your WiFi/BT hardware with BCM94352Z?
iMessage guide is linked from post #1.

Did you replace your WiFi/BT hardware with BCM94352Z?
iMessage guide is linked from post #1.

No. I am using Edimax wifi dongle. Bluetooth works fine without that broadcom chip. Only problem is that the off buttom for bluetooth is greyed out.

No. I am using Edimax wifi dongle. Bluetooth works fine without that broadcom chip. Only problem is that the off buttom for bluetooth is greyed out.

Controlling power for BT works only for supported bluetooth hardware (primarily Broadcom).

Controlling power for BT works only for supported bluetooth hardware (primarily Broadcom).
Hmm...that makes sense...looks like i am stuck with it...but who cares...everything is fully functional...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back