Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your quick reply...i didnt wait for 20 seconds...and i cant get the brightness slider in the display in system preferences...i extracted the dsdt and ssdt from ubuntu...

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

No need to extract ACPI from Ubuntu if you follow the guide in post #1.

I have the ELAN touchpad, but I am using the VoodooPS2Controller. How can I disable the trackpad entirely? I tried removing the trackpad kext and it's still working. I also tried removing the mouse kext but the internal keyboard stops working. I rebuilt the cache after every modification. And since I am basically using Synaptics drivers for ELAN, I cannot disable the trackpad through settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Trackpad can be disabled with Ctrl+PrtSc.

What version of OS X?

OS X 10.11. Ctrl+PrtSc does not disable it, nor any other combination with PrtSc or F6. However, Fn+F6 worked one time. But just one time.

OS X 10.11. Ctrl+PrtSc does not disable it, nor any other combination with PrtSc or F6. However, Fn+F6 worked one time. But just one time.

I think you folks may be confusing features in my PS2 drivers with features that don't exist in other PS2 drivers...

I think you folks may be confusing features in my PS2 drivers with features that don't exist in other PS2 drivers...

I haven't gotten to map the prntscrn and touchpad functions. I'll get on it when I get the time
But For me, either F6 or prntscrn work

I haven't gotten to map the prntscrn and touchpad functions. I'll get on it when I get the time
But For me, either F6 or prntscrn work

I assume your trackpad is Synaptics...

I assume your trackpad is Synaptics...

Yes. Is the other guy elan? F6 is funky, works for a while, then stops working all together
Prtscn is the consistent disable

Yes. Is the other guy elan?

Not sure, but it sounds like it.

F6 is funky, works for a while, then stops working all together
Prtscn is the consistent disable

F6 is ACPI. On my u430, I disable the ACPI mechanism and reroute F6 to functionality in the kext. I made PrtSc invoke OS X screen shots, and use F6 for trackpad enable/disable. The y50 may be similar...

Not sure, but it sounds like it.

F6 is ACPI. On my u430, I disable the ACPI mechanism and reroute F6 to functionality in the kext. I made PrtSc invoke OS X screen shots, and use F6 for trackpad enable/disable. The y50 may be similar...

Is the current setup for y50 disabling the ACPI? Or is it just buggy on its own, so we should disable it and reroute?
Or perhaps patch the ACPI?

Is the current setup for y50 disabling the ACPI? Or is it just buggy on its own, so we should disable it and reroute?

It is not there currently. Developing the correct patches for it requires access to the laptop (I don't have one).

Refer to my u430 patches for ideas.

Finally got usb tether to work
the problem that el capitan doesn't auto mount the device as network drive
and HoRNDIS doesn't work with el capitan .. as it works only with previous versions although usb tether was automatic without any need to HoRNDIS in previous versions

any way i searched and found that HoRNDIS doesn't work with el capitan, but there is workaround to make it able to mount the device by first applying the tethering then unloading the kext without removing the cable from the device then loading the kext again

so steps as following

1- start tethering.
then use terminal and go to the directory where you installed HoRNDIS kext ...
2- from terminal :
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext

then u will find that your device started tethering without any problem

also @rehabman

i tested this method with both FakePCIID_XHCMI.kext and USBXHCI_y50.kext in extensions folder and worked perfect

then tested again with only FakePCIID_XHCMI.kext and also worked perfect

then removed both FakePCIID_XHCMI.kext and USBXHCI_Y50.kext and still working perfect

so it doesn't rely o any of them

also if you disconnect the cable from the device then u will need to unload HoRNDIS.kext then load it again from terminal

Also attached ioreg backup with htc one max connected and tethering perfect

Attachments

• MacBook Pro tether working.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back