Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Controlling power for BT works only for supported bluetooth hardware (primarily Broadcom).

Rehabman, does the config.plist for the y50 automatically disable the nvidia card to save battery?

Hmm...that makes sense...looks like i am stuck with it...but who cares...everything is fully functional...

Not stuck. Replace with compatible hardware. Read post #1.

Hello, RehabMan !

I am having an issue patching DSDT on El Capitan 10.11.1 . Everything went alright, I booted it, but after disassemble, when I run "make" command, I am getting lots of errors.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Compilation complete. 31 Errors, 37 Warnings, 17 Remarks, 104 Optimizations
[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]make: *** [build/DSDT.aml] Error 255[/FONT]

I mention that I am using a Lenovo Y50-70 UHD model with GTX 860 M / HD 4600 with a 512 GB SSD
Also, DVMT-prealloc is set to 128 mb

When I patch everything with errors and I reboot , my screen flickers if I Inject Intel

I attached all of my files here.

And the outputs:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Adrians-MacBook-Pro:y50.git adrian$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]   13    2 0xffffff7f829df000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Adrians-MacBook-Pro:y50.git adrian$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT]

Any help?

LATE EDIT: I even re-followed guide twice, removed Clover, re installed it, picked config.plist for HD4600, but when I get to the patching part.. errors come.

Thanks

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 71
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 94
  • Adrian’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
Hello, RehabMan !

I am having an issue patching DSDT on El Capitan 10.11.1 . Everything went alright, I booted it, but after disassemble, when I run "make" command, I am getting lots of errors.

Make sure USB is prepared according to my guide.
Boot using USB.
Follow the instructions in post #1 for repatching ACPI.

Well it is prepared according to your guide.

Still getting errors.

Well it is prepared according to your guide.

Still getting errors.

Post EFI/Clover folder from USB.
Post ~/Projects/y50.git directory (you can remove the downloads directory to reduce size).

Post EFI/Clover folder from USB.
Post ~/Projects/y50.git directory (you can remove the downloads directory to reduce size).

I managed to repatch it but with few warnings. Seems to be working but when I reboot I have some screen flickering and I barely see what is happening.

Though, on About MAC it shows up 1536 MB video and recognises the board.

Anyway, here is my Clover USB and Y50 GIT

Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER_USB.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
  • Archive.zip
    354.5 KB · Views: 71
...Seems to be working but when I reboot I have some screen flickering and I barely see what is happening.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

But by the sound of it... you didn't patch IOKit.

Anyway, here is my Clover USB

Comments:
- guide specifically says NOT to use GenericUSBXHCI.kext

The rest is fine. You must have neglected to run 'make cleanallex' before ./disassemble.sh.

One question: how do I access the Projects folder in finder?

From Finder -> Go -> Home.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

But by the sound of it... you didn't patch IOKit.

Comments:
- guide specifically says NOT to use GenericUSBXHCI.kext

The rest is fine. You must have neglected to run 'make cleanallex' before ./disassemble.sh.

From Finder -> Go -> Home.

So what's next?
Shall I remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext, then boot from USB and repatch it?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back