Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, you updated to opencore 0.6.0 got WiFi working with itlwm.. right ..? Could you please share your opencore 0.6.0 EFI folder ...?
uploaded the EFI on the previous post. Turns out my problem was with my wifi password being too long. The performance is not amazing but it works. Hope that helps:) Ask away if you need anything.

Yes. After updating to 0.6.0 itlwm.kext though it didn’t before. Not sure how it is now with all the updates there was. For information I’m using a DW-140 wifi usb for now. Will try to see if it works now and confirm it.

No problem, will attach it in a moment after testing.

Bro Finally I got my wifi working after so many trials & errors..
Here's how I did it ..
1. add itlwm.kext & black80211.kext in kexts folder. enable it the config file.
2. make sure it's open core 0.6.0
3. replace with the provided OpenCore.efi file ( https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1071 )
4. see the magic after reboot

attaching all files within.

thanks a lot Silfalion , Sniki & black bunt for helping me out..!

Attachments

• OpenCore.efi
    983.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Black80211.kext.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 121
  • itlwm.kext.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 76
Bro Finally I got my wifi working after so many trials & errors..
Here's how I did it ..
1. add itlwm.kext & black80211.kext in kexts folder. enable it the config file.
2. make sure it's open core 0.6.0
3. replace with the provided OpenCore.efi file ( https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1071 )
4. see the magic after reboot

attaching all files within.

thanks a lot Silfalion , Sniki & black bunt for helping me out..!
My pleasure, mate! Very happy for you. 2 Qs, which alpha of Black80211 did you use and if you measure your bandwidth on fast.com how does it compare to the speed you usually get?

My pleasure, mate! Very happy for you. 2 Qs, which alpha of Black80211 did you use and if you measure your bandwidth on fast.com how does it compare to the speed you usually get?

I don't know which one I used .. I think it's alpha one ... (was trying different kexts from different sites .. ) I don't know from where I downloaded it ..

I tested out in fast.com and the download speed is fine ( same results as I tested in my phone ) but seems like upload speed is low ...it's about 20mbps difference.
Will test more and let you know..!
i could confirm that upload is way low ..i tried testing speed in windows .. and comparing with that upload is low .!

Last edited:
Is there any way in which we could make handoff and airdrop work .?

Is there any way in which we could make handoff and airdrop work .?
Thank you for the additional details, may give it a try later. It's not supported on the driver side(by the author of the kext) for now, so, not sure about that. I think there was a post about it in the issues page of the GitHub and it's quite cold. Check it out.

Unrelated but you may like this:

Hey @Sniki and other super helpful guys.

I am trying to start up my hackintosh wihich has been working well (Mojave) via OpenCore.
I partitioned the usb with h-j file system and copied the EFi folder, though it would not recognise the USB while starting, when I tried to do two MBR, where one is installosx and the other EFI where I copied the EFI folder, some sort of launcher showed up but when I chose to go with EFI or HDD, the mac loading screen would show but soon restart the laptop, this is an ever repeating and I can't figure out how to boot it,
I am attaching also the debug file,

Really grateful if you could give me a tip how to overcome this, seems basic step but I can't figure it out until now.

Attachments

• debug_16756.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 49
Hey @Sniki and other super helpful guys.

I am trying to start up my hackintosh wihich has been working well (Mojave) via OpenCore.
I partitioned the usb with h-j file system and copied the EFi folder, though it would not recognise the USB while starting, when I tried to do two MBR, where one is installosx and the other EFI where I copied the EFI folder, some sort of launcher showed up but when I chose to go with EFI or HDD, the mac loading screen would show but soon restart the laptop, this is an ever repeating and I can't figure out how to boot it,
I am attaching also the debug file,

Really grateful if you could give me a tip how to overcome this, seems basic step but I can't figure it out until now.
What are your bios settings regarding UEFI boot?

I tried the Only legacy option and also the 'both' option with legacy preferred with no luck yet.

I tried the Only legacy option and also the 'both' option with legacy preferred with no luck yet.
For me(T440) works:
UEFI/Legacy Boot - UEFI only
CMS Support - No

Just made a fresh USB Catalina installer. Mounted EFI from USB and copied the content from OC-0.5.9-EFI.zip
Booted from USB and installed Catalina.

I tried Mojave installer also and it booted fine with that OC. I didn't install it because I have Catalina on my ssd but just wanted to see if the OpenCore setup will boot mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back