Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, try latest EFI from repository, i did some major changes.

Changelog
  • Updated SSDT-IGBE.aml (new patched LAN device with proper sleep states and en0 interface)
  • Updated VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the correct working one.
  • Removed Airportitlwm.kext and build latest release versions from source with macOS specific models:
  • Added Airportitlwm-BigSur.kext, Airportitlwm-Catalina.kext, Airportitlwm-Mojave.kext
  • Added AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext for DW1560,DW1830,DW1820 support
  • Added Maxkernel and Minkernel so each Injector or Airportitlwm version loads according to macOS version in use.
  • Updated documentation (readme)
Most major problems i assume should be solved.

I suggest everyone to update to newest EFI and reset network interfaces as LAN device was not present on ACPI level and it wasn't being set as en0 for iMessage to work.

• Open Network of System Preferences.
  • Delete all networks, as shown in "Erase All Networks".
  • Delete the Library \ Preferences \ SystemConfiguration \ NetworkInterfaces.plist file.
  • Restart.
Enjoy !

Changelog
  • Updated SSDT-IGBE.aml (new patched LAN device with proper sleep states and en0 interface)
  • Removed Airportitlwm.kext and build latest release versions from source with macOS specific models:
  • Added Airportitlwm-BigSur.kext, Airportitlwm-Catalina.kext, Airportitlwm-Mojave.kext
  • Added AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext for DW1560,DW1830,DW1820 support
  • Added Maxkernel and Minkernel so each Injector or Airportitlwm version loads according to macOS version in use.

I suggest everyone to update to newest EFI and reset network interfaces as LAN device was not present on ACPI level and it wasn't being set as en0 for iMessage to work.

• Delete the Library \ Preferences \ SystemConfiguration \ NetworkInterfaces.plist file.
  • Restart.
Enjoy !
@Sniki I'm happy to report that the EFI with the latest changes from your repo works like a charm on Catalina. Thanks a lot once again! Really appreaciate the work you're doing.

I tried booting the Big Sur installer and while it booted just fine, there was no internet connectivity in the Big Sur installer. I suppose that's because the MaxKernel is set to 19.9.9 by default(for the Broadcom cards) and that I have to clear that parameter and set MinKernel as 20.0.0 for the wifi to work in Big Sur?

EDIT: Also I suppose it is not yet safe to update to Big Sur, at least not until Apple pushes the update that bricked the Haswell Macs to the stable channel?

@Sniki I'm happy to report that the EFI with the latest changes from your repo works like a charm on Catalina. Thanks a lot once again! Really appreaciate the work you're doing.
Thanks, enjoy !
I tried booting the Big Sur installer and while it booted just fine, there was no internet connectivity in the Big Sur installer. I suppose that's because the MaxKernel is set to 19.9.9 by default(for the Broadcom cards) and that I have to clear that parameter and set MinKernel as 20.0.0 for the wifi to work in Big Sur?
Yes please, do me that favor and give that one a try, as i really haven't replaced the card to test that myself.
If it works with 20.0.0 i will push one more update.
EDIT: Also I suppose it is not yet safe to update to Big Sur, at least not until Apple pushes the update that bricked the Haswell Macs to the stable channel?
No risk involved, Hackintosh firmware doesn't get touched at all. it just a new "Apple" added folder inside the EFI as that's what is considered as the virtual firmware of a MacbookPro which is OpenCore in our case.

The problem is on real MacBookPro(s) as it updates their bios (firmware) and the problem is the Firmware Update included on the macOS Big Sur Installer was broken for these models.

It's completely safe, the only problem is that you cannot now since they blacklisted MacBookPro11,1 to avoid further bricks on these models.

For me, i installed before they updated the revised version that brakes installation on these models.
If beta version of 11.1 allows you, go ahead and update it.
There are no problems on hackintosh with that and nothing can brick them on this regard.

Hi, I tested the latest EFI with big sur and it worked well after I did the network interface trick, then logged in with apple id. It works only thing I noticed with t450 touchpad, tap is to sensitive, even if set to firm from settings. Thanks again

Hi, I tested the latest EFI with the original 7620 and T450 touchpad, things gone great and stable. Thanks for your effort in the Thanksgiving day, @Sniki

Changelog

• Restart.
Enjoy !
Works great thank you. Even Airportitlwm loads at boot now.

Hi, I tested the latest EFI with big sur and it worked well after I did the network interface trick, then logged in with apple id. It works only thing I noticed with t450 touchpad, tap is to sensitive, even if set to firm from settings. Thanks again
Hi, what version you used for installation?

Only thing that doesn't work for me now is the brightness control. Everything else works great, thank you.

EDIT: Brightness control works after closing and opening the lid.

@Sniki Never thought I'd get running Big Sur this fast! Thanks a ton! Everything works just fine, aside from the brightness control, like @thedomis reported. Likewise, it starts working after closing and opening the lid.

For everyone running a DW1560, to have working WiFi in Big Sur you need to:
  • Block (set to Enabled = False OR set MaxKernel to 19.9.9, which is Catalina) or remove AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext.
  • Enable AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext (set to Enabled = True and clear MinKernel & MaxKernel values).
Reference

Last edited:
Hi, what version you used for installation?
If you mean big sur, then it was latest from app store. But if EFI, then also latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back