Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@igorkulman grab the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from the Github Repo now and see if it fixes the problem for you.
Trackpoint now works for me. Thank you!

The only EFI related problem for me is that AirportItlwm does not load automatically at boot no matter what I do or which version I try, but I can live with that, I have been loading it manually after boot since start.

And I will try your trick to try to get Big Sur show up in Software Updates.

Actually I just noticed the brightness keys do not work for my 1600x900 display (latest EFI with brightness fix).

Actually I just noticed the brightness keys do not work for my 1600x900 display (latest EFI with brightness fix).
Does the brightness slider-bar appear on SysPrefs > Displays > and if it does, if you drag the slider, does the brightness change ?

The only EFI related problem for me is that AirportItlwm does not load automatically at boot no matter what I do or which version I try, but I can live with that, I have been loading it manually after boot since start.
Now i know why, Airportitlwm has different kext for Big Sur and different kext for Catalina.

Here try the attached one according to your OS

Attachments

• Airportitlwm.zip
    24.8 MB · Views: 49
Goodjob Sniki! Now i can archive my git repo!

Hey @Sniki
For whatever reason my past couple posts triggered the modfilter (maybe because I was sharing links), so just as a heads-up, I opened an issue on your repo continuing the discussion regarding Brcm WiFi issue. Hope that's okay

I installed Big Sur with the latest EFI, now it does not boot, just shows this startup error right after selecting the Mac drive from OpenCore.

Attachments

• IMG_2885.jpg
    IMG_2885.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 43
I installed Big Sur with the latest EFI, now it does not boot, just shows this startup error right after selecting the Mac drive from OpenCore.
Verbose boot says that Bog Sur is not supported on that hardware.

@Sniki any idea how to get out of this other then a clean install of Catalina? I am using the latest 0.6.3 EFI with just my serial numbers and changes for non touch screen and old trackpad.

Attachments

• IMG_2886.jpg
    IMG_2886.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 53
Just a guess but maybe the model-ID that you are using is not longer supported in Big Sur.

BTW, for those who asked why the update Big Sur disappear from the system update I start to think apple retired it from the old models after the brick problems, it disappears too in my Original MacBook Pro 2014.

Just a guess but maybe the model-ID that you are using is not longer supported in Big Sur.

BTW, for those who asked why the update Big Sur disappear from the system update I start to think apple retired it from the old models after the brick problems, it disappears too in my Original MacBook Pro 2014.
That is also my guess. Using MacBookPro11,1 as recommended here.

Great discovery there, yes they pulled to fix the issues, i think they will release it on 11.1 as it's already on beta.
So they had to do that to avoid bricking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back