Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my catalina 10.15.7 setup offered me a big sur update after they launched it(did not update to big sur), but some days back I found that it offered a safari update and 10.15.7 update again. Made those updates but now I can't update to big sur. It won't show it in System Updates and if I click get from store it gives me an error. Anybody in the same boat?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 12.57.58.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 12.57.58.png
    487.1 KB · Views: 61
Hi, my catalina 10.15.7 setup offered me a big sur update after they launched it(did not update to big sur), but some days back I found that it offered a safari update and 10.15.7 update again. Made those updates but now I can't update to big sur. It won't show it in System Updates and if I click get from store it gives me an error. Anybody in the same boat?
Just a wild guess, do you use the macbook air or macbook pro system definition? Maybe the air is no longer supported by Apple. I use the pro definition and the udpdate shows up for me.

Just a wild guess, do you use the macbook air or macbook pro system definition? Maybe the air is no longer supported by Apple. I use the pro definition and the udpdate shows up for me.
Hi, I use Macbook Pro definition, same as @Sniki default.

Hello there @Sniki ,

first of all thank you very much for your awesome guide!
I have installed MacOS on a second SSD (M.2) next to my existing Win10 (2.5" SSD).

But i have an issue with my BIOS Settings.
When i set "UEFI/Legacy Boot" to [UEFI only] and "CSM Support" to [YES] MacOS will Boot just fine.
When i set "CSM Support" to [No] OC seems to work but during the Apple Logo Loading Screen a Graphics Glitch Appears (I attached a Picture, pls excuse the bad quality).
I already google searched but i only found posts where people say CSM -should- be off for this to work.
Also when CSM Support = [Yes] the usual low-resolution "Thinkpad" Boot Splash is shown, while with CSM Support = [No] the higher resolution "Lenovo" Boot Splash appears (which i would prefer, it looks much nicer imo).
Do you have CSM enabled on your devices (@ALL)?
Is there a way to make that work?

also, is there a way to configure the OC Boot Picker to not inject the MacBookPro SMBIOS when i boot into windows from OC?
I would love to use OC Boot picker instead of hitting F12 to switch the Boot drive, but when i Boot into Windows from OC now, Windows thinks it runs on a MacBook and so Lenovo Vantage does not work anymore (i usually use the Task Bar symbol and the Battery Charge Threshold function).
In case someone has the same issue:
I resolved the issue by deleting following line from config.plist:
DeviceProperties -> Add -> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) -> device-id.
But please notice that this is on OC 0.6.3 and Big Sur.

Also, i am pretty new to Hackintosh still so I don't know if this was a very good idea.

I tried building OC 0.6.3 with Big Sur from scratch and noticed that the issue was gone when I first booted MacOS after install. Later, when I got a bit overwhelmed with figuring out Audio and Wifi I started copying the entries from this build´s config.plist to mine, and when I got to Device Properties the Display issue came back, so I first deleted the whole 'PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)' entry and the issue was gone again. Then I put it back in and deleted one line after another to see if only one of them caused the issue. device-id did the trick.
I am getting deeper into the field bit by bit but until now it was mostly trial and error.

At this point I've got Big Sur Booting smoothly and also Audio, Trackpad, Thinkpad Assistant and Wifi (with AirportItlwm using the stock Intel Wifi Card) working.

But the whole system runs pretty slowly (Relatively slow response and laggy Graphics) and the Display is detected as 30.5" Monitor and Display Brightness is not adjustable (This was already before I deleted the device-id line from config.plist). "About this Mac" shows 'Intel HD Graphics 4400 7 MB' for GPU. Also battery is alway shown as 100%.

I will continue looking into it and maybe post on r/hackintosh when I have everything running nice.

Edit: I just found out that what I did was disabling the iGPU by deleting that line. So it's back to enabling CSM Support in BIOS and living with that ugly boot screen. Hardware Acceleration works now tho.
I don't know to delete this post, if a mod reads this please delete it. Sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited:
Hi all, i'm soo happy that the Intel 7260 now can work. At the moment, there are 2 different drivers for the Wifi card. Which driver you guys are using/ recommend for Opencore 0.5.9? is it necessary to upgrade to 0.6.3?

Is it now a good time to upgrade to Big Sur?

OpenCore 0.6.3 Guide for Lenovo ThinkPad T440S is live on the new Github Repository:

Im not done yet, have to update this guide but i know you guys can't wait for it and the files are ready.

Follow some of the instructions on the Github.

Make sure to download YogaSMC-App-Release here:

Im still updating the readme on github constantly so stay tuned for more details there.

OpenCore 0.6.3 Guide for Lenovo ThinkPad T440S is live on the new Github Repository:

Im not done yet, have to update this guide but i know you guys can't wait for it and the files are ready.

Im still updating the readme on github constantly so stay tuned for more details there.

I copied everything from your Github repo on a flash drive, just changed all the serial numbers in config. I use the Intel 7260 so looks like there is no other change I need to make because ITLWM is enabled by default.

Booting from the flash drive I get FileVault unlock screen, I enter my password, the system starts loading and when the loading is about half way through the display turns off and all the fans start spinning at max. I cannot figure out how to turn the display back on or what do do about it. The T440s does not respond to closing the lid to put it to sleep or anything else, just a black screen and I need to turn it off holding down the power button. I use the standard 1600x900 screen.

Last edited:
Hi! This is my first post here, but I'm a long time lurker. I have a regular T440 that I use daily as a hackintosh. First off I want to say thank you for this amazing work and the guide Sniki! I've used your guides and efis to install macOS on my laptop, and it's been really great and stable for the past year that I've had it as my daily driver.

Regarding this new update, I also have a very similar issue that @igorkulman described. I copied everything from the repo to my flash drive, changed all the serial numbers, and disabled itlwm because I use the BRCM94360CS2 wifi.

When I boot form the usb, the system starts loading, and about halfway through, the laptop screen turns off. My fans don't spin up though, and if I connect an external display through the mini DP port, that works just fine. I replaced my original screen with a 1080p ips panel.

Hi, my first feed back:

I've just tried the 0.6.3, my panel is 1080 default ,

i disabled Secure boot in the BIOS and I use the 7260 but after I enter my password, the screen gone black. I plug the Mini Displayport into the T440s, the external Dell monitor worked but the Intel 7260 is still not works.

I changed the Secureboot to Enabled but the display still goes black and the external monitor via mini DP still works. the 7260 still not working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back