Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Sniki , thanks for taking the time for this tutorial!

My case is like @CoBrA2168 .

I'm a developer and I'm using some 32 bit apps so I need to use mojave, I've read almost all your comments to find a way to solve the problem of sound headphones not working on mojave. I have also searched from many sources and tried a number of ways, but it seems everything has stuck.

I tried alc_fix in your github, but it only works once and after I rebooted, everything disappeared again. Sound no longer works with headphones!

Is there any other way headphones can work?
Do you have a schedule for finding a way to fix this problem?

The reason I need headphones is because I work in a crowded place, can't concentrate without music. And I also hate using my phone to listen to music, which distracts me.

Once again thank you!

Hi @Sniki , thanks for taking the time for this tutorial!

My case is like @CoBrA2168 .

I'm a developer and I'm using some 32 bit apps so I need to use mojave, I've read almost all your comments to find a way to solve the problem of sound headphones not working on mojave. I have also searched from many sources and tried a number of ways, but it seems everything has stuck.

I tried alc_fix in your github, but it only works once and after I rebooted, everything disappeared again. Sound no longer works with headphones!

Is there any other way headphones can work?
Do you have a schedule for finding a way to fix this problem?

The reason I need headphones is because I work in a crowded place, can't concentrate without music. And I also hate using my phone to listen to music, which distracts me.

Once again thank you!
Great, Mojave is still fine.

I believe Wern-Apfel found the reason for the static noise on headphones in general (this is not related to this version with manual switch mode).

If nothing, i will fix the current one with manual switch mode so the problems don't occur anymore, however i believe we found the problem with automatic switch mode as well and now im waiting for him to provide a binpatch because the external microphone needs a VREF 80 - a voltage required in order to work.

So my aim is to fix Automatic Switch mode with added dock support as well however im not confident we will find a fix this week.

So i will only fix the current one in use so it doesn't fail anymore and some small non audio related fixes for this week.

After one week of using OC and Catalina, everything works great. Obviously Catalina boot time took a bit longer than Mojave, but still acceptable.

Issue remains on the indicator lamp on Mic Mute on F4 button, will be waiting for further update from @Sniki .

Manual change to headset and noise is expected, but as I dont use much the headphone these days (BT headphone instead), so it is not crucial for now. In the long term I might need it so will be good if any solution can be found for this.

Thanks a lot for your effort for the Tx40 lineups.

As I said before, I know the mess is probably my bad, I'll review what I change from the good to the killer OC setup If I get to bring back my x250 from the dead.

Tomorrow I'll receive the ch431a, I don't see it as clear as @raulmazda explained(thank you for that), but I'll try my best :|. I only encounter the 1.0 version of the x250 bios and compare that with mine 1.27 would be useless.
Hi, i saw your post and my x1 extreme died right after resetting the NVRAM. How is your recovery with CH431a going?

@Sniki Thank you.
I tried with catalina but the sound is still the problem, so is this a general error?

Edit 1:
I have returned to the mojave now because of the job request, but one thing surprised me!

I did not receive the sound from the combojack, knew this and did not expect the miracle to happen, I turned it off and now (after 7 hours).Unexpected happened to me when I turned on this laptop, plug in headphones .. crazy, the sound works perfectly, I don't know if it's stable or not, but I don't want to reboot now. I'm really happy but I still have to tracking It. I'll feedback if any problems occur.

Edit 2:

Interestingly, I accidentally found a way to stabilize the sound with the headphone. Although it's manual and time consuming, so I think it's worth it in exchange for great sound.

For sound to work stably (Headphone - Speaker) you need to select Output Device as "Internal Speakers" before shutdown Laptop.
After booting, do not rush to plug in headphones, switch to Line Out then plug your headphones.

I do this with Mojave, I will also try it on Catalina and respond later!

I have tried at least 10 times before writing this review, make sure it works, hope this can help you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 8.53.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 8.53.52 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
The DW1560 and the Lenovo 94352z card both worked great in my machine
168/5000

Can you show me the bluetooth error when using DW1560, my bluetooth has shown it but cannot detect and connect to other devices, thanks a lot.

Im waiting for the audio fix, if that doesn’t workout for us, i will update ALCPlugFix and CodecCommander and return to the old automatic switch mode with added docking station support.

Im waiting for the audio fix, if that doesn’t workout for us, i will update ALCPlugFix and CodecCommander and return to the old automatic switch mode with added docking station support.
I'm still using this audio solution (from the old setup) on Mojave, and while it's not very "clean," it does work. So I'd be on board with that if we aren't able to come up with a more elegant solution.

Hi, i saw your post and my x1 extreme died right after resetting the NVRAM. How is your recovery with CH431a going?

I follow the notes that raulmazda wrote about how to resolve the issue. In my case I find an x250 complete bios dump and then I did a mix within mine and the dump to restore the mac-address, licences, etc. So far so good working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back