Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sniki
I am using the actual Alt keyboard button as Command to make it in similar layout as Mac (as well having right and left Command button using the actual Alt keyboard button).
On the actual Ctrl button on the right, it already functioning correctly as the left Ctrl button as well.
Any way I can have the right keyboard Alt button to function as Command?
Thanks.

@Sniki
I am using the actual Alt keyboard button as Command to make it in similar layout as Mac (as well having right and left Command button using the actual Alt keyboard button).
On the actual Ctrl button on the right, it already functioning correctly as the left Ctrl button as well.
Any way I can have the right keyboard Alt button to function as Command?
Thanks.
If that's the case, give this one a try

Attachments

• SSDT-KBD.dsl
    8.2 KB · Views: 59
@soeryobadja i don't know what happened but after reverting my SSDT-KBD all buttons seems to work perfect.

MacbookPro keyboard has no Right Ctrl key so:
  • Right Ctrl key works as left Ctrl
  • Right Alt key works as left Alt as well (which is still fine by me)
Check this one out one more time.
@Sniki

After couple of restart, the one that you post here works correctly. Right Alt button now function as Command. Thanks a lot.

Another finding that I get:
1. Whenever Restart, the speaker rings out the alert sound that I select in Sound Preferences. It does not happen when Shutdown. Minor, but still will make the experience perfect.
2. The Mic Mute indicator button in the keyboard does not light up. It works to mute the mic, but the indicator lamp does not light up. The indicator lamp on Speaker Mute works, though.

Have not tried the other functions, but that is what I notice for now and so far the experience is good.

Thanks again for your great effort.

@Sniki

After couple of restart, the one that you post here works correctly. Right Alt button now function as Command. Thanks a lot.

Another finding that I get:
1. Whenever Restart, the speaker rings out the alert sound that I select in Sound Preferences. It does not happen when Shutdown. Minor, but still will make the experience perfect.
2. The Mic Mute indicator button in the keyboard does not light up. It works to mute the mic, but the indicator lamp does not light up. The indicator lamp on Speaker Mute works, though.

Have not tried the other functions, but that is what I notice for now and so far the experience is good.

Thanks again for your great effort.
Great,

I postponed the T440 guide and the L440, they are ready but it will be easier to hunt down all the existing bugs on these 3 ones (T440P/X240/T440S) and i am consistently updating and fixing problems raised here on those as well even though they are not published.

Im close to complete on what can be accomplished for now so i assume i should be able to fix most of the problems until Sunday evening and only the Docking Station Kernel Panics when attempting sleep, Restart or Shutdown will be a problem to fix later on (as that's additional hardware and not everyone does have it so not many people affected).

Not sure on how did you set that and what kind of tone is it, i didn't clearly understood the problem.
Will be fixed on Guide release for the T440.

Not sure on how did you set that and what kind of tone is it, i didn't clearly understood the problem.
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 03.21.45.png
When I restart, the alert rings out just before the display goes blank.
And the sound changes according to the alert sound that I choose. If I choose Basso, then when restart, a Basso sounds out. When I choose Blow, then Blow alert sounds out when I restart my computer.

Hope it describe clearly.

PS: oh and one more, my card reader is not detected, but this might not be the "Sniki-related" issue as this also has contribution from the kext.

View attachment 475694
When I restart, the alert rings out just before the display goes blank.
And the sound changes according to the alert sound that I choose. If I choose Basso, then when restart, a Basso sounds out. When I choose Blow, then Blow alert sounds out when I restart my computer.

Hope it describe clearly.

PS: oh and one more, my card reader is not detected, but this might not be the "Sniki-related" issue as this also has contribution from the kext.
Will test this and let you know how it works for me.

Hi @Sniki,

Finally I find the correct setup for the Intel HD5500, now all the ports works(Mini-dp and DP) as expected, included all the dock station ports(VGA, DVI, DP) that depends on the Internal DP. BTW, no Kernel panics involve in the case of the x250 when docking or undocking, it just works.

I use you ACPI files for the mean time and all appears to match the x250, no issues detected. The Keyboard, the ThinkAssist and all the leds works too. I'll need your help on the ACPI and patches for the x250 as I don't have it quite clear.

It takes almost 20/25 seconds to sleep, the wake works as expected, instantaneous.

I create a "custom" USBPorts.kext to fit the X250 map and the USB ports works too, onboard and external/dock.

The problems I experience before with the dw1830 which cause the bluetooth to be unavailable appears to be solved, but as you said dw1830 is a hit and miss, I'll test it for a few days.

The only thing that still don't work is the Jack audio port on the dock, not that I care much, but just to nail it it would be great to solve that too.

I include a custom CPUFriendData as in my case the lowest Freq is 600MHZ not the 800 MHZ which by default use the i5-5200u profile. I set it to 700Mhz, which appear to work better than the 600MHZ which show the cpu "jumping" at idle all the time. As for the SMBios the MacBookpro11,1 appears to works well.

In general the X250 appears to be stable.

I'll stay on hold while you finish your other guides and tell me when you need my files, if you need my help, for the x250 guide.

MacbookPro keyboard has no Right Ctrl key so:
  • Right Ctrl key works as left Ctrl
  • Right Alt key works as left Alt as well (which is still fine by me)
Right alt mapping to Left alt gives up the ability to remap the key. On my Korean keyboard, the right alt key is marked with 한/영 which would typically toggle language selection. I used to map it to "next source in input menu". I started using PrtSc (mapped to F13) for this thinking it was just a quirk to sort out with my obscure regional keyboard, but maybe it's a change in @Sniki SSDT-KBD between OpenCore and Clover?

Will test this and let you know how it works for me.
I found out today, that even in Shutdown (previously I said only in Restart), the alert tone sounds out.

Next Update
  • Add BrcmFirmwareData.kext as it’s mandatory for DW1820A & DW1560
  • Add “Instant Wake” patch for Dock IGBE (Ethernet)
To Do
  • Update SSDT-DW1820A to work only with (_OSI “Darwin”) so other OS are not affected from the patches
  • Fix Docking Station Kernel Panics with Video Outputs on a Sleep/Reboot/Shutdown attempt
  • Fix Docking Station DisplayPort Audio
  • Add Docking Station Audio Support
I added the BcrmFirmwareData.kext myself and my Lenovo 94352z card works nicely. Will try the DW1560 tomorrow if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back