Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sniki, Please can you give a clue on this?:rolleyes:
Not right now to be honest.

I plan to complete these important things that needs to be resolved first as not everyone does have a Docking Station.
Once i am done, i will provide you a complete EFI for X250 done from scratch according to your ACPI Dump.
Then we start tinkering with the Docking Station Video Outputs as i myself want to fix the kernel panics too as i often keep mine docked and plug the External monitor for multitasking/working.

Hint: once we start tinkering if we can't get anything done, i will create an issue on Acidanthera bugtracker so maybe they can help us with it.

Guys

EFI has been updated on Post #1, you can read the changelog in post #2

Added a note in post #1 about DW1820A users on how to enable the SSDT (needs testing and feedback)

Guys

EFI has been updated on Post #1, you can read the changelog in post #2

Added a note in post #1 about DW1820A users on how to enable the SSDT (needs testing and feedback)
Awesome work, I'm going to work on converting to OC very soon. I'll stick on Mojave though for now.

Awesome work, I'm going to work on converting to OC very soon. I'll stick on Mojave though for now.
Feel free to do so from now on.

However 3 extra things for you since you will be staying on Mojave:
1. Replace the SMCBatteryManager.kext on my EFI with the one from Acidanthera as i have updated it from source with the latest battery full charge reporting etc which is build with SDK10.15 so it won't load for you or build it on your own from source using SDK10.14 since you are on Mojave. (both options should be a piece of cake for you).

2. Same thing for Sinetek-rtsx.kext

3. Same thing for VoodooPS2Controller.kext (what i would do on this case is just get the last known working version, open it by right clicking into show contents go to plugins and delete the VoodooInput.kext there and place the latest VoodooInput.kext so you get the benefits/fixes/improvements etc of latest VoodooInput.kext

Aside from those 3 - 3min things to deal with, you will enjoy OpenCore without any doubts.

I downloaded and booted the latest EFI zip and made minimal changes:
- SSDT-DW1820A set to true
- added brcmfx-country=#a (this makes my 5GHz wifi behave properly)
- replaced SSDT-KBD with my own caps lock->ctrl mapping one
- added my serial and other IDs

(side note: the config.plist diff is extra noisy because <data> entries went from being one line to multi-line)

Everything I tried worked out of the box: filevault is fine, aspm is disabled for the dw1820a and sleep and wake works, t450 trackpad (synaptics) buttons work, all the buttons are functional with Thinkpad Assistant.

Bluetooth was stuttering and the connection would drop to my earbuds that normally work for ~hour long video calls. I added BrcmFirmwareData.kext and rebooted and they're solid again. Maybe this is a piece of the tweak package required for DW1820a support?

I'll follow up if I find anything else strange, but right now it looks good :)

Bluetooth was stuttering and the connection would drop to my earbuds that normally work for ~hour long video calls. I added BrcmFirmwareData.kext and rebooted and they're solid again. Maybe this is a piece of the tweak package required for DW1820a support?

BrcmFirmwareData.kext is a mandatory for DW1820a and DW1560 cards for bluetooth to work correctly.

@Sniki is there any reasons why it is not included by default?

BrcmFirmwareData.kext is a mandatory for DW1820a and DW1560 cards for bluetooth to work correctly.

@Sniki is there any reasons why it is not included by default?
Yes, because the readme of BrcmPatchRam is so messy and hard to understand what exactly should be used.

I see that BrcmFirmwareData is mandatory now and i will add it and add a note into Wireless section.

So what about BrcmBluetoothInjector ?

(side note: the config.plist diff is extra noisy because <data> entries went from being one line to multi-line)
Thanks @raulmazda for the feedback.
I didn’t understand what are you referring with extra noisy ?

Now i understand that BrcmFirmwareData is mandatory so i will add it to EFI.

(side effects of using BCM94360CS2 for a while, no reliance on any of the WiFi and Bluetooth)

Yes, because the readme of BrcmPatchRam is so messy and hard to understand what exactly should be used.

I see that BrcmFirmwareData is mandatory now and i will add it and add a note into Wireless section.

So what about BrcmBluetoothInjector ?

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM said:
Using BrcmPatchRAM3.kext also requires BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext as changes in macOS Catalina (10.15) requires the use of a separate injector kext.

For Catalina BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext is also needed!

Last edited:
Thanks @raulmazda for the feedback.
I didn’t understand what are you referring with extra noisy ?
Ah, just that when I compare the text of the two with diff -u, there are large amounts of differences that are just newlines, like this:
Code:
@@ -113,15 +105,11 @@
                                <key>Enabled</key>
                                <false/>
                                <key>OemTableId</key>
-                               <data>
-                               Q3B1UG0AAAA=
-                               </data>
+                               <data>Q3B1UG0AAAA=</data>
Whereas in previous zipfile to zipfile differences, the newlines were the same so the diff was only real content changes. I'd guess two different plist editors serializing differently.

I edit plists with vim for most simple things, then use text diff to double check that I didn't mess it up or add extra changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back