Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be in the PNW or Austria, still dodging rocks here in Tahoe ;)

Code:
Xs-iMac:nuc.git x$ git log -1
commit 9b611538bf3feb4687dec62cb6c29fc9721c638a (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: RehabMan <[email protected]>
Date:   Sat Nov 25 13:55:16 2017 -0800

no need for sudo with mount_efi; correct USB files comments

No luck here with a NUC7i5BNH and 4k over HDMI, still 30hz. I don't have a USB-C to DP otherwise I could try that, maybe I'll order one. I actually use this 4k monitor with DP and a GTX 970 on my main hackintosh.
Before I installed the patched ACPI files - I believe there was a refresh rate drop down in the display preferences (I should go back and reproduce this), since there are none:

View attachment 297041 View attachment 297042

Which NUC do you have? No NUC in your profile/signature.
Note that connector-type under framebuffer@0 is <00 04 00 00>. Should be <00 08 00 00>, as there is a patch for it in config.plist.
Try with DP port (@1) instead.

Did I add in the wrong place? It was also in my post :) I'll add it to my signature too for extra clarity.

I do see the <00 04 00 00> connector-type in the framebuffer in IOReg and I see kext patch entries for 0x59260002 that appears to reference two DP ports, not yet sure how this relates to HDMI, will research a bit more. I don't have the correct cables/converters on hand to try the DP (USB-C) port.
Screen_Shot_2017-12-03_at_5_41_30_PM.png

Did I add in the wrong place? It was also in my post :) I'll add it to my signature too for extra clarity.

As per FAQ/guide, must be specifically in the profile fields mentioned or signature, such that it appears on every post.

I don't have the correct cables/converters on hand to try the DP (USB-C) port.

After you purchase a USB-C->DP, report back here.

If you have a Samsung 4K TV try this : Settings->Picture->Expert Settings->HDMI UHD Color -> HDMI1 -> Turn ON. I am getting 4K@60 with HDMI cable going from Nuc7i5 to HDMI 1 on TV.

Awesome tutorial RehabMan, I have a budget 4K media Mac Mini without breaking my bank.

Thanks. First confirmation of 4k@60/HDMI, I think...

Can you attach problem reporting files for this setup?
I want to verify that you're not using Skylake spoofing.

Thanks. First confirmation of 4k@60/HDMI, I think...

Can you attach problem reporting files for this setup?
I want to verify that you're not using Skylake spoofing.

Yes, I am using Skylake spoofing. Here is the file you requested.

Attachments

• Anand’s iMac.zip
    553.5 KB · Views: 105
Thanks APAX & RehabMan - was trying to avoid Skylake spoofing but will try, in addition to DP cable.

Interesting, APAX, I see you have connection-type 00 08 00 00 also, I must have missed something somewhere to be on 00 04 00 00...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back