Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ioreg output attached. I have attached my TPLink Wifi and Apple Superdrive to the two internal ports. Thus if my interpretation is correct, the internal ports are HS05 and HS06.

Also I found that on my machine, the internal bluetooth is hanging off HS08 and not HS07.

I have added these all to my SSDT-USB.dsl and make && make install_nuc7, and after reboot and removal of -uia_ignore_rmcf everything looks good!

I've attached the diff. Do you want me to push this?

Thanks!

Checked in changes for the USB (and HS08 vs. HS07 for BT).
The internal HS05/HS06 I just left #if 0.

Also changed to 0x59260002 as it works just fine with non-4k display also (tested with my Dell U3011 via HDMI->DP adapter).
Had to add additional patches to config.plist for the framebuffer to correctly patch 0x59260002 for HDMI on 0105.

I can confirm that building the latest SSDT and config.plist from the repo, 4K@60Hz and audio works perfectly fine using a USB-C to HDMI cable on High Sierra 10.13.1.

I can confirm that building the latest SSDT and config.plist from the repo, 4K@60Hz and audio works perfectly fine using a USB-C to HDMI cable on High Sierra 10.13.1.

Thanks for confirming.
What about HDMI->HDMI (4k)?

Last edited:
HDMI -> HDMI works on my Intel NUC7i5BNH, using your latest DSDT patches. I do not have a 4K monitor, though.

I'm interested in HDMI->HDMI specifically with 4k.

If 4k is now working ok, I can update post #1 "Known Problems"...

Hi. I just installed High Sierra OS X on Intel NUC7i5BNH. Thanks for the instructions. I have a couple of questions. Right now I have OS X on a Kingston SATA SSD with 8 GB of Crucial (4GB x 2)

My first is, can I install Windows 10 on my m2 SSD without having to change the BIOS settings so I can dual boot off my NUC? Second when running updates on OS X, can it be done through software updates or must it done via a Clover reinstall? Obviously I am very new to this and I apologize if these are stupid questions. Thanks

My first is, can I install Windows 10 on my m2 SSD without having to change the BIOS settings so I can dual boot off my NUC?

Dual boot is covered in the guide (post #2):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Second when running updates on OS X, can it be done through software updates or must it done via a Clover reinstall? Obviously I am very new to this and I apologize if these are stupid questions. Thanks

Read post #1, "Major updates".

It is ski season.
Must be in the PNW or Austria, still dodging rocks here in Tahoe ;)

Thanks for confirming.
What about HDMI->HDMI (4k)?

Code:
Xs-iMac:nuc.git x$ git log -1
commit 9b611538bf3feb4687dec62cb6c29fc9721c638a (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: RehabMan <[email protected]>
Date:   Sat Nov 25 13:55:16 2017 -0800

no need for sudo with mount_efi; correct USB files comments

No luck here with a NUC7i5BNH and 4k over HDMI, still 30hz. I don't have a USB-C to DP otherwise I could try that, maybe I'll order one. I actually use this 4k monitor with DP and a GTX 970 on my main hackintosh.
Before I installed the patched ACPI files - I believe there was a refresh rate drop down in the display preferences (I should go back and reproduce this), since there are none:

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 3.13.11 PM.png
IMG_9473.JPG

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 90
  • kextcache.output.zip
    688 bytes · Views: 85
  • kextstat.output.zip
    667 bytes · Views: 84
  • patchmatic.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 89
  • ioreg.ioreg.zip
    598.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Must be in the PNW

Sort of.

Code:
Xs-iMac:nuc.git x$ git log -1
commit 9b611538bf3feb4687dec62cb6c29fc9721c638a (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: RehabMan <[email protected]>
Date:   Sat Nov 25 13:55:16 2017 -0800

no need for sudo with mount_efi; correct USB files comments

No luck here with a NUC7i5BNH and 4k over HDMI, still 30hz. I don't have a USB-C to DP otherwise I could try that, maybe I'll order one. I actually use this 4k monitor with DP and a GTX 970 on my main hackintosh.
Before I installed the patched ACPI files - I believe there was a refresh rate drop down in the display preferences (I should go back and reproduce this), since there are none:

View attachment 297041 View attachment 297042

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (no ioreg).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back