Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ... I did as advised. Changed 0x59260000 to 0x59260002 for the Iris Pro 640 within SSDT-IGPU.dsl and rebuild the SSDT Files again, put them in Place. Reboot .. voila. All works now. 4k@60, Sound, Bluetooth. Network still takes a while to connect but will figure it out eventually. Thanks a lot for your help.

Yes, I have this change already in my local copy of the repo for weeks, but no time yet to test it with my NUC7 on non-4k hardware:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:nuc.git rehabman$ git diff
diff --git a/SSDT-IGPU.dsl b/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
index fa14705..643f61e 100644
--- a/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
+++ b/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
@@ -152,14 +152,14 @@
                 // Kaby Lake/HD640
                 0x5926, 0, Package()
                 {
-                    "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x26, 0x59 },
+                    "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x02, 0x00, 0x26, 0x59 },
                     "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
                     "model", Buffer() { "Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640" },
                 },
                 // Kaby Lake/HD650
                 0x5927, 0, Package()
                 {
-                    "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x27, 0x59 },
+                    "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x02, 0x00, 0x26, 0x59 },
                     "model", Buffer() { "Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650" },
                 },

Hopefully later next week, I'll get that chance.

Hi RehabMan! First of all, thank you for the great work: following your guide, my NUC7i7BNH works perfectly...obviously, except for bluetooth & wifi: can you tell me if there is a patch update for them? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan! First of all, thank you for the great work: following your guide, my NUC7i7BNH works perfectly...obviously, except for bluetooth & wifi: can you tell me if there is a patch update for them? Thank you in advance.

Intel WiFi is not supported. BT will work (but with limited support) if you boot Windows first then restart into macOS.

just a short observation: dual display (hdmi and usb-c) works quite reliably if during boot only 1 display is connected. after login the second display can be plugged in and then both will work reliably. which display to connect during boot seems to depend on which one is configured as the main display in the dual head setup.

Yes, I have this change already in my local copy of the repo for weeks, but no time yet to test it with my NUC7 on non-4k hardware:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:nuc.git rehabman$ git diff
diff --git a/SSDT-IGPU.dsl b/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
index fa14705..643f61e 100644
--- a/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
+++ b/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
@@ -152,14 +152,14 @@
                 // Kaby Lake/HD640
                 0x5926, 0, Package()
                 {
-                    "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x26, 0x59 },
                     "model", Buffer() { "Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640" },
                 },
                 // Kaby Lake/HD650
                 0x5927, 0, Package()
                 {
-                    "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x27, 0x59 },
                     "model", Buffer() { "Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650" },
                 },

Hopefully later next week, I'll get that chance.

So, if we update our SSDT-IGPU.dsl from your repo we should get 4k@60Hz without Skylake spoofing?

So, if we update our SSDT-IGPU.dsl from your repo we should get 4k@60Hz without Skylake spoofing?

The changes I mentioned are not checked in. Been too busy to test it with the hardware I have here. It is ski season.

+1 for the comprehensive guide! This is my first hackintosh attempt and everything seems to have gone well installing High Sierra on the following build:

- NUC7i7BNH https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0RL8Q4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
- 2x Crucial 32GB SoDIMMs https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015YPB8ME/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OBRE5UE/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
- IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GFX0PY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
- TP-Link N300 Wireless High Gain USB Adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00416Q5KI/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I read your note regarding the internal USB headers with interest. I went ahead and purchased two of these internal USB cables: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BJ0KL7Q/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Booting normally, devices are not detected on these ports, as expected, I think. However, as you mentioned, with the -uia_ignore_rmcf boot option, all the ports are enabled and I can use devices attached to these ports.

You mentioned that the port numbers can be discovered. Do you know how I can go about this, so they can be added to the SSDT-USB.dsl?

I have set up this NUC to dual boot into Ubuntu 17.04 too, in case there is any useful command output to be gathered there as well.

Thanks!

Booting normally, devices are not detected on these ports, as expected, I think. However, as you mentioned, with the -uia_ignore_rmcf boot option, all the ports are enabled and I can use devices attached to these ports.

You mentioned that the port numbers can be discovered. Do you know how I can go about this, so they can be added to the SSDT-USB.dsl?

Attach ioreg that shows devices connected to those ports.
See post #1, "Problem Reporting" for more information.

Attach ioreg that shows devices connected to those ports.
See post #1, "Problem Reporting" for more information.

ioreg output attached. I have attached my TPLink Wifi and Apple Superdrive to the two internal ports. Thus if my interpretation is correct, the internal ports are HS05 and HS06.

Also I found that on my machine, the internal bluetooth is hanging off HS08 and not HS07.

I have added these all to my SSDT-USB.dsl and make && make install_nuc7, and after reboot and removal of -uia_ignore_rmcf everything looks good!

I've attached the diff. Do you want me to push this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• nuc7_internal_usb_ioreg.txt
    86.6 KB · Views: 514
  • nuc7_internalusb.patch.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 326
  • nuc7_internal_usb_ioreg.txt
    86.6 KB · Views: 289
ioreg output attached. I have attached my TPLink Wifi and Apple Superdrive to the two internal ports. Thus if my interpretation is correct, the internal ports are HS05 and HS06.

Also I found that on my machine, the internal bluetooth is hanging off HS08 and not HS07.

I have added these all to my SSDT-USB.dsl and make && make install_nuc7, and after reboot and removal of -uia_ignore_rmcf everything looks good!

I've attached the diff. Do you want me to push this?

Thanks!

I haven't looked into it, but the internal headers are USB2-only?

Need ioreg file as per post #1, "Problem Reporting", not .txt files.

And best to attach all "Problem Reporting" files.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back