Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it works with 4k@60 I only get sound not working. With the Skylake Spoof it crashes every minute.

Also Bluetooth acts somewhat weird. I have to pull out the Bluetooth stick and back in to get it working. Network takes about 30 seconds to assign a real IP. Maybe I fu*ked up the config.plist due to my own edits. But no Idea where and how.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 22.12.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 22.12.10.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 254
Yes it works with 4k@60 I only get sound not working.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

With the Skylake Spoof it crashes every minute.

You need to attach "Problem Reporting" files. Impossible to analyze any report without them.

Also Bluetooth acts somewhat weird. I have to pull out the Bluetooth stick and back in to get it working. Network takes about 30 seconds to assign a real IP. Maybe I fu*ked up the config.plist due to my own edits. But no Idea where and how.

Again, no problem reporting files, no idea.

Attached the files again.

Attachments

• output.pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 191
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 171
  • mac.ioreg.zip
    609.4 KB · Views: 153
  • RehabMan.zip
    51.7 KB · Views: 160
I can't get it done. It literally doesn't matter what I put in config.plist for ig-platform-id I can put 0x19160000 or 0x59120000 it always boots, always has the right Display Resolution, always 4k@60 BUT when I put the SSDT patches in place (SSDT-NUC7.aml SSDT-DisableDA.aml) all I get after booting is a black screen. Do I delete the SSDT again, all boots ok. No sound though.

Guess I'm doing something wrong but can't find out what.

@TheAlpa could you maybe provide me with your clover Folder? As we have almost the same NUC (NUC7i5)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 146
  • imac.zip
    607.6 KB · Views: 170
  • output.png
    output.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 182
  • RehabMan.zip
    49.8 KB · Views: 110
I can't get it done. It literally doesn't matter what I put in config.plist for ig-platform-id I can put 0x19160000 or 0x59120000 it always boots, always has the right Display Resolution, always 4k@60 BUT when I put the SSDT patches in place (SSDT-NUC7.aml SSDT-DisableDA.aml) all I get after booting is a black screen. Do I delete the SSDT again, all boots ok. No sound though.

The config.plist used for post-install does not allow you to set ig-platform-id within the plist.
The ig-platform-id is injected via ACPI (in SSDT-NUC7.aml) instead.
Post install uses a different config.plist from install. (for the installer, there is no SSDT-NUC7.aml, so you can set the ig-platform-id with the plist).
Your ioreg proves you are not booting from the CLOVER.zip you attached.
If you want to experiment with different ig-platform-id values, you must do that within the SSDT-NUC7.aml (or better to change it in SSDT-IGPU.dsl).
Suggest: Disabling hdmi/dp audio by enabling SSDT-DisableDA.aml (just to eliminate that variable). And use a non-4k monitor (again, to eliminate the 4k variable).

Is your BIOS up-to-date?

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for your recommendations... I will toy with it tomorrow. Yes BIOS is up to date.

Ok, thanks for your recommendations... I will toy with it tomorrow. Yes BIOS is up to date.

Also, please update your profile/signature to include information on your NUC.
Currently, no idea which NUC you have, nor even if you have one (profile only indicates Asus STrix 270F Gaming).

Well ... I did as advised. Changed 0x59260000 to 0x59260002 for the Iris Pro 640 within SSDT-IGPU.dsl and rebuild the SSDT Files again, put them in Place. Reboot .. voila. All works now. 4k@60, Sound, Bluetooth. Network still takes a while to connect but will figure it out eventually. Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back