Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry should have clarified: looking for the exact make & model of adapter or cable.

RehabMan read your reply to coniman97 and saw you've got video to DP from the type-c connector in the guide. I've been unable to get any video from the type-c port to HDMI, don't have a DP monitor. High Sierra doesn't even show it's found the monitor.

Any thoughts are appreciated .

Used your guide and the install went very well except for the video, nice job and thanks.

RehabMan read your reply to coniman97 and saw you've got video to DP from the type-c connector in the guide. I've been unable to get any video from the type-c port to HDMI, don't have a DP monitor. High Sierra doesn't even show it's found the monitor.

Any thoughts are appreciated .

Used your guide and the install went very well except for the video, nice job and thanks.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

As far as Wifi, what are the options with NUC7? Sounds like replacing a built in is not an option, is there a space for another internal card?

Thanks

As far as Wifi, what are the options with NUC7? Sounds like replacing a built in is not an option, is there a space for another internal card?

Thanks

Only one M.2 slot in the NUC7 which you will use for the SSD.
WiFi is not replaceable.

First of all, thanks for your great work. Mainly everything works.. just not all for me. I have the NUC7i5BNH connected with USB-C (DP) to the DP Port of a LG 4k Monitor. During install and first boot I have full 60HZ and 3840x2160 (all good) bringing the patches in Place + the corresponding nuc7 plist after reboot all I get is a black screen. Putting back the config.plist used during install all is back to normal. When using the Skylake spoof it works as it is supposed to be. Graphics, Sound all is good but the NUC crashes every Minute so its not usable.

I toyed around with the config.plist and got so far, that I got all working except for Sound (from the Monitor) but honestly I don't really know what I'm doing. Also tried setting ig-platform-id to 0x59260002 like TheAlpa (almost the same NUC) but again, no joy ... just a black screen. Maybe someone can help me out here. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 139
  • mac.ioreg.zip
    609.4 KB · Views: 136
  • RehabMan.zip
    51.7 KB · Views: 97
  • output.pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 143
First of all, thanks for your great work. Mainly everything works.. just not all for me. I have the NUC7i5BNH connected with USB-C (DP) to the DP Port of a LG 4k Monitor. During install and first boot I have full 60HZ and 3840x2160 (all good) bringing the patches in Place + the corresponding nuc7 plist after reboot all I get is a black screen. Putting back the config.plist used during install all is back to normal. When using the Skylake spoof it works as it is supposed to be. Graphics, Sound all is good but the NUC crashes every Minute so its not usable.

I toyed around with the config.plist and got so far, that I got all working except for Sound (from the Monitor) but honestly I don't really know what I'm doing. Also tried setting ig-platform-id to 0x59260002 like TheAlpa (almost the same NUC) but again, no joy ... just a black screen. Maybe someone can help me out here. Thanks in advance

4k@60 problems are documented in post #1, as is the fix (Skylake spoof). Implementing Skylake spoofing with the hotpatch is simple matter of adding SSDT-SkylakeSpoof.aml to ACPI/patched.

Your ioreg shows ig-platform-id 0x59120000.
Are you saying 4k@60 works with that ig-platform-id?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back