Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, this ^^^ appears to be related to 10.14.3, you need to use either 10.14.1 or 10.14.2 or else this will happen

• The second is that in the install guide, I understood that you need to type this complete string into Terminal :
Code:
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
In reality for it to work you need to first run :
Code:
./download.sh
And then :
Code:
./install_downloads.sh

Thanks @gmdelisie for this! It worked for me and I was finally able to complete the installation process.

I was about to write that things seem completely stable after almost 24 hours of use with no issues when my screen just "crashed" (went to white noise) and kernel panic ensued.

My guess is this has to do with the FakeID part f installation. I am changing things to 12345678 every time that is that a total solution? Is there a way to figure ut what ID you should be using for your specific monitor? I am using an AOC monitor. I'll look into solutions of ratios, but would of course appreciate any help.

Thanks, Chris

Good Morning.
If anyone has Mojave 10.14.3 working on a NUC8i5BEK2 could they please upload their CLOVER directory?
I am new and I have a hard time understanding everything that I decided in the thread I followed the Rehabman guide that is very good, and I have version 10.14.1 installed but the video does not play with vlc or anything, it does not restart or it shuts down, in addition to not working the audio nor the bluethoot.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-02-17 a las 10.35.03.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-02-17 a las 10.35.03.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 159
Hi,
I just wanted to let everybody know that I had ordered this Wifi + BT card for my NUC8i5BEH. It is not compatible and have returned it : AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card.

This Wifi + BT card requires a Mini PCIe Slot, while this NUC only has a M.2 Card (22x42 or 22X80) slot. I have not found a compatible M.2 Wifi + BT card and have come to conclusion that none currently exists for this NUC.

I have the NUC8I5BEK2 and this guide worked perfectly with Mojave 10.14.3, thanks for that.

If your Mac reboots at the language selection step check the list of kext again and make sure you updated the BIOS to the latest version. I had the same problem because I rushed and didn't follow the guide exactly at first. Now I'm using: AppleALC.kext CodecCommander.kext FakePCIID.kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext FakeSMC.kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext Lilu.kext SATA-unsupported.kext USBInjectAll.kext WhateverGreen.kext XHCI-unsupported.kext

I also tried the sensors kexts (FakeSMC_*.kext) to monitor the temperature but I couldn't get them to work so I removed them.

The machine is super fast and I'm really happy. However I find this nuc is a bit noisy to be honest (If you're used to silent machines). Therefore I disabled turbo boost and reduced the cooling thresholds in the BIOS. Noise-wise it's ok now.

For Wifi I use the USB dongle TP-Link TL-WN823N N300. It works most of the time but it's really shitty. It only has Beta drivers for Mojave and sometimes I have to restart it manually because it stops working.

Another thing that's not working great is suspend (sometimes the machine doesn't wake up anymore), but I guess that's a quite common problem. Now I use Amphetamine to keep it awake and shut it down if I don't need it. The startup is really fast so I don't mind.

@wurstpeter, I have done same install, and it seems to be almost completely stable now. One question I have is about changing the FakeID before botting. Are you changing graphics injector FakeID to 12345678 every time you need to restart?

Cheers

@RehabMan and the other developers have been unable to get it to work on the NUC8i. I'm not sure if it's on everybody's agenda atm, tbh... At least USB-C [somewhat] works! Attached is a picture of what should be showing, if Thunderbolt controller was detected and working (note, from my 2012 Macbook Air):
Thank you so much for your reply!
Cheers!

@Thoughtsbend No, I don't change the FakeID when I reboot. I just did that during the installation process as described in the guide. Not sure if it's even necessary.

@BillyGoatGruff

That seems to be about the same for me after playing with it for a few days, but I'm not dual-booting. It's pure hackintosh - and a fast one, when it boots.

I just wish there were a tuneable to allow it to boot every single time with no problem.
@TR01 Did you ever find a solution? I have tried different versions of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (2,3,-2000) with no difference. I really want to have a solution that will allow the computer to reboot into desktop after power-outage, etc. Using this for a Security camera solution using Bensoftware SecuritySpy. Not good that it can't recover from power-outage -power-restore.

UPDATE: I put a bit more time in tonight and found an apparently WORKING solution!

Use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi AND add slide=0 to the boot parameters....

This is allowing to boot without getting the dreaded "Do Not Proceed" symbol and "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error message and halt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back