Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Cric! Thanks for putting this together. I can't for the life of me get past step 2, though. I've followed the directions to the letter but every time I boot from the hard drive during installation I see "13 minutes remaining" and then the system reboots. Every now and again the progress bar will move ever so slightly to "12 minutes remaining" but again, it'll just reboot after a minute or two. After multiple attempts, the recovery partition finally appeared but still not able to get past the installer. Setup seems similar: NUC8i7BEH, 16GB Corsair DDR4 (2x8GB), 250GB Samsung 970 EVOO Plus.

First off, thank you for this. I had a pretty hard time with Rehabman's instructions (my fault, not his). However, I keep running into an issue with the "make install_nuc8bc" command.
Terminal spits this out:
"Matthews-iMac:nuc.git matthewsweten$ make install_nuc8bc
iasl -vw 2095 -vw 2008 -p build/SSDT-NUC5.aml SSDT-NUC5.dsl
make: iasl: No such file or directory
make: *** [build/SSDT-NUC5.aml] Error 1
Matthews-iMac:nuc.git matthewsweten$"

Anyone else encounter this?

UPDATE I followed gmdelisle's post about breaking the Terminal commands into separate strings. So far so good. No longer crashing randomly.

Last edited:
Be careful upgrading to the new BIOS 64!!

I upgraded my NUC8i7BEH to the new BIOS 64 that was released yesterday this morning after having a rock solid Hackintosh after following this guide right after it was written. It completely broke my macOS install and would not boot getting stuck on the macOS loading screen. I don't know why since I don't really understand all the technical going ons but my guess is it had to do with either:
  • Updated Intel ME firmware
  • Update Graphics Option ROM to version 1017.
  • Updated Graphics UEFI driver

Luckily I was able to use the Recovery BIOS Update to downgrade back to BIOS 56 and everything booted up as normal. Just throwing this out there to either warn people or if someone smarter than me can figure of the problem help more this project along. Thanks again for the guide, it has been awesome!

Not sure if anybody replied to this for you yet, but if not, here's your answer: :)

Hey, so I tried this and I am missing "DefaultVolume" in my Boot tree...anyone else experience this? Is there not a way to set this up in the Clover settings at start up?

Hi @Cric! Thanks for putting this together. I can't for the life of me get past step 2, though. I've followed the directions to the letter but every time I boot from the hard drive during installation I see "13 minutes remaining" and then the system reboots. Every now and again the progress bar will move ever so slightly to "12 minutes remaining" but again, it'll just reboot after a minute or two. After multiple attempts, the recovery partition finally appeared but still not able to get past the installer. Setup seems similar: NUC8i7BEH, 16GB Corsair DDR4 (2x8GB), 250GB Samsung 970 EVOO Plus.

Hi
I have the same problem. My machine fails at 13 minutes too. Have you found any solution? My memory is Corsair Vengeance 2400 32gb and 970 Evo plus 1TB

Last edited:
Hey, so I tried this and I am missing "DefaultVolume" in my Boot tree...anyone else experience this? Is there not a way to set this up in the Clover settings at start up?
One way to do this is to enter the following inside of the Boot section:
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>LastBootedVolume</string>

For example:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 -igfxnohdmi -cdfon lilucpu=10 slide=0</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>LastBootedVolume</string>
<key>NeverHibernate</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>
</dict>

Notice also in my example I have a Timeout of 5 seconds set for my Clover. Set this to 0 if you want Clover to boot without pausing.

Then boot into macOS, open System Preferences, open Startup Disk, and select your Mojave macOS boot volume, and restart. Now your macOS will be the "LastBootedVolume".
(This is also handy if you choose to install another OS, which I did. Windows 10. Hence why I put a 5 second Timeout in my config.plist, to give me a moment to choose the other OS if I didn't want to let it just proceed with the last booted volume.)

Hope that helps.

I just ordered a NUC8i5BEH1 - I'll let you know how it goes once the parts arrive. Thanks for this guide!

I've followed these instructions on a NUC8i3BEK, and got further than with any other try at a hackintosh install. But when I get to part 2.8 (Boot OS from MacOS Mojave) it takes forever, and I end up with a grey screen and a working cursor. It am not brilliantly technically adept, but can follow instructions - any ideas?

I end up with a grey screen and a working cursor.
Not much to go on but these symptoms are typical when FakeSMC.kext is missing from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Not much to go on but these symptoms are typical when FakeSMC.kext is missing from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Looking good - idiots mistake, but things are moving on. Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back