Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'm stuck at step 8 of part 2, Apple logo with full progress bar (verbose attached). I'm doing the install using Mojave 10.14.6 (not sure if this is why).

Attachments

• IMG_20190225_143816.jpg
    IMG_20190225_143816.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 107
Mojave up and running. Just to post install stuff to do now!
Thanks again, Pilgrim.

One way to do this is to enter the following inside of the Boot section:
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>LastBootedVolume</string>

For example:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 -igfxnohdmi -cdfon lilucpu=10 slide=0</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>LastBootedVolume</string>
<key>NeverHibernate</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>
</dict>

Notice also in my example I have a Timeout of 5 seconds set for my Clover. Set this to 0 if you want Clover to boot without pausing.

Then boot into macOS, open System Preferences, open Startup Disk, and select your Mojave macOS boot volume, and restart. Now your macOS will be the "LastBootedVolume".
(This is also handy if you choose to install another OS, which I did. Windows 10. Hence why I put a 5 second Timeout in my config.plist, to give me a moment to choose the other OS if I didn't want to let it just proceed with the last booted volume.)

Hope that helps.
I must be too newb. I opened my config.plist in text edit and there isn't a "boot" header anywhere...do I just paste in that code at a random location?

I must be too newb. I opened my config.plist in text edit and there isn't a "boot" header anywhere...do I just paste in that code at a random location?
Not quite random. Don't insert it within another section. The <key>Boot</key> <dict> ... </dict> section should be uninterrupted/together and could be inserted either at the beginning (just after the <plist version="1.0"><dict>) or end (just before the final </dict></plist>).

Install done using the method shown, but I couldn’t understand how to install clover to the ssd, so I used multibeast. All seems fine, except I have no sound driver. Will I be able to get sound to my monitor via the hdmi, or will I need a 2.5 jack. And what kext (or whatever) do I need.

Not quite random. Don't insert it within another section. The <key>Boot</key> <dict> ... </dict> section should be uninterrupted/together and could be inserted either at the beginning (just after the <plist version="1.0"><dict>) or end (just before the final </dict></plist>).
Hey, so I actually found the Boot header and copy pasted your code, saved, selected my boot drive. Still, when I restart it stops at the clover launch screen. Not a big deal, just want to ditch my ancient USB Keyboard and use my new Mac keyboard exclusively. Can I send you a copy of my config.plist? Maybe you can see where I am f'ing this up.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 137
Hey, so I actually found the Boot header and copy pasted your code, saved, selected my boot drive. Still, when I restart it stops at the clover launch screen. Not a big deal, just want to ditch my ancient USB Keyboard and use my new Mac keyboard exclusively. Can I send you a copy of my config.plist? Maybe you can see where I am f'ing this up.
1) You have the Timeout set to 5, which should count down from 5 and then proceed. Set it to 0 (zero) if you want to boot straight to your volume.
Also, make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in your EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (which enables Emulated NVRAM).

Finally, see this link for more details...

Hello Everyone

I (unexperienced) tried to install Mac OS X Mojave on my NUC but I ran in a problem and after the maybe the sixth try I thought I'd ask you.

Used one 16gb USB 2.0 stick with two partitions like described.

Installed Clover on the CLOVER EFI partition with the things changed 1) Clover for UEFI booting only (thus Install Clover in the ESP enabled) 2) Black Green Moody enabled. The Clover Version I used was the one provided in with a link in the Github repo.

I installed Mojave on the stick with the provided commands (from the AppStore).

In the CLOVER EFI Partition i navigated to CLOVER EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and /kexts/Other and copied the the Files from the zip files attached to the tutorial. I used the config_install_nuc8_bc.plist (from the Master Zip) (renamed to config.plist).

The Bios was set to BE0064 (also tried the Version used in the Tutorial) . The described changes to the Bios were made.

Booting from the Stick I went and changed the FakeID to 0x12345678. Back in the main menu I clicked Boot macOS with injected kexts. The Process is stuck at:

IntelMausiEthernet: Version 2.4.1d1 starting on OS X Darwin 18.2.
AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam: no nvram variable
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

Does somebody know where my error lies?
It’s a intel Nuc8i5beh with a sata ssd and 8gb of ram.

I also tried the linked tutorials from RehabMan

Beautiful. I just installed 10.14.3 using this guide without any issues whatsoever! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back