Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet you are using Geek Bench 5. They have reworked the software and scores are greatly reduced. See the reference chart below from their website:

Geek Bench 5 Single Core.png

I bet you are using Geek Bench 5. They have reworked the software and scores are greatly reduced. See the reference chart below from their website:

View attachment 425406
Ahhh, that's right. I ran the Geekbench 4 and the score looked alright. Still it doesn't eat up cpu when running benchmark. Maybe it's just how it works and I never used Geekbench before. Thanks mate! Have a good day!

1. I don't use either, its no longer needed with improvements to Whatevergreen.kext
2. The answer is probably to eliminate the fake device ID
3. Not needed but I can verify they work.

Thanks @Leesureone, display graphik is now working fine as I put the kexts under /Library/Extension
and using a USB-C/HDMI cable for 4k(60Hz).

But I do not have any sound via HDMI. Any idea which kext or configuration in clover will solve that on my NUC8i5BEH?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Thanks @Leesureone, display graphik is now working fine as I put the kexts under /Library/Extension
and using a USB-C/HDMI cable for 4k(60Hz).

But I do not have any sound via HDMI. Any idea which kext or configuration in clover will solve that on my NUC8i5BEH?

Thanks!!
There are four, if you are using my config.plist it should work. You will need to experiment to see where best to place them, I have then in Clover/Kexts/Other but you may need Library/ Extensions

Attachments

• FakePCIID.kext.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 85
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 67
  • CodecCommander.kext.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 66
  • AppleALC.kext.zip
    928.7 KB · Views: 81
There are four, if you are using my config.plist it should work. You will need to experiment to see where best to place them, I have then in Clover/Kexts/Other but you may need Library/ Extensions

Thanks @Leesureone this helped and works now fine with the sound!

Many Thanks!!

Hi @Leesureone I hope you are well !
I am personally using only 3 of these audio-related kexts as I could not justify the need for CodecCommander.kext.
I do not have issues with either HDMI audio or analog, even microphone seems to work! Using latest kexts from acidanthera's GitHub (and ID=1 for my NUC8i7BEH and -igfxnohdmi in Clover settings).
Do you know on the need for CodecCommander.kext really? It's an old kext and I do not understand what it does...
Thanks!

Hi @Leesureone I hope you are well !
I am personally using only 3 of these audio-related kexts as I could not justify the need for CodecCommander.kext.
I do not have issues with either HDMI audio or analog, even microphone seems to work! Using latest kexts from acidanthera's GitHub (and ID=1 for my NUC8i7BEH and -igfxnohdmi in Clover settings).
Do you know on the need for CodecCommander.kext really? It's an old kext and I do not understand what it does...
Thanks!
For me using the front audio Jack
helped amplify the output. It raised the volume

To new users trying to load Mojave on an NUC8x please be aware this guide is no longer being maintained.
With recent bios updates being pushed out by Intel above version 56 as well as updates by Apple to Mojave beyond 14.2 the guide has become outdated and no longer works as is.

Two things additional things are needed at a minimum to be able to reach the Mojave install window.

1. An updated version of the Clover bootloader must be installed, I suggest version 4290 or higher, although slightly older versions will probably work but have not been tested. Rehabman’s version available through the terminal commands in his original guide on Github will cause the installer to halt.

2. An updated config.plist containing an ACPI/DSDT/Patch for an RTC issue that will also cause the installer to stall if your bios is a version higher than 56

***Some users are also apparently unaware that their Samsung 970 EVO plus SSD will also cause install failure if the firmware is not updated first. Visit the Samsung Website for instructions on how to create a bootable USB drive for firmware updates.

The attached EFI folder has all of the above as well as some fixes for onboard Audio and USB C functionality.

If you decide to use it it’s as simple as creating a bootable USB drive using UniBeast and then replacing the EFI folder with the attached.

Once Mojave install is complete and you have then installed an updated version of Clover to your hard drive replace the EFI folder on your hard drive with the same attached folder should finish the job. Afterwards I highly suggest you use Clover Configurator to create a unique serial number (although “continuity” is not an issue unless you have gone the route of adding a Wireless/ Bluetooth card in the one available M2 slot with the appropriate adapter mentioned in various NUC posts). Cheers

Edit: If you have issues with crackling sound from the headphone jack several users have reported success installing all kexts, with the exception of FakeSMC.kext, to the Library/Extensions folder. Audio over HDMI and the headphone jack both should work. (You can probably install all of kexts there, including FakeSMC.kext, if you prefer)

Updated EFI with Clover Version 5018 7/22/19

Hey Leesureone,

Got an error I can't find replicated in the thread. Have followed original post, and your additional instructions from #430 to no luck. Currently attempting a different USB drive/Legacy boot to see if changes

Unit is NUCi7BEH BIOS 73
Internal Samsung 850 Pro SSD and a 970 Plus M.2
Booting from USB made in Unibeast, and then the EFI folder replaced with your download here, I get the response in Verbose mode "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform"

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Hey Leesureone,

Got an error I can't find replicated in the thread. Have followed original post, and your additional instructions from #430 to no luck. Currently attempting a different USB drive/Legacy boot to see if changes

Unit is NUCi7BEH BIOS 73
Internal Samsung 850 Pro SSD and a 970 Plus M.2
Booting from USB made in Unibeast, and then the EFI folder replaced with your download here, I get the response in Verbose mode "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform"

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks
[/QUOTE

Unfortunately I don't have a NUCi7 so I'm not sure how to help. I don't think my EFI folder will work for you, it hasn't for other users with NUC7s. Do make sure your Samsung 970 Evo plus has the updated firmware that allows it to work with OSX. Beyond that maybe try to install High Sierra following Rehabman's guide (there have been changes in Mojave that may be an issue for you).

I have a NUC8I3BEH following the original post with no luck installing macOS.

I have 2 questions here:

1. Which guide should I follow for NUC8I3? post #430?
2. Is it possible to install the OS onto nvme m.2 drive? seems like clover from other guides can't recognize nvme drive, only SATA.

Bios version 0071. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back