Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The couldn't allocate runtime error is very unusual for this model, it could be memory but who knows. You can check compatibility here:

Generally speaking pairs of memory are recommended but not always required. Here are some solutions others have used, it may be as simple as adding the slide=0 to your boot arguments in your config.plist.

I don't use the micro card reader, I've not seen any other users reporting it working though so it may be like intel wifi (it just doesn't work) or it could be you have to create your own personalized UIAC SSDT to avoid it causing a conflict with other USB ports. There are guides to creating a custom UIAC DDST on this site.

Depending on how badly you want the card reader to work you can try Chinesespy's EFI folder, the config.plist is set up quite differently and bypasses native power management using slightly older methods to allow speed step and sleep. Post 1153 in the thread below

I think I've found a solution to "couldn't allocate runtime area" - I've found this post:
He had the same problem with the Corsair sticks, I've replaced aptiomemoryfix with osxaptiofixdrv and everything seems to work fine now.
Now I'm focusing on the microSDXC card slot :)

Thank you

Nop. Doesn't work. Shows up on my desktop aswell, but no go on Mojave for SD card reader.

Did you find a solution for that?
Thank you

Did you find a solution for that?
Thank you

No. There are no kext drivers available for it, so you have to use external card reader. (which to me, isn't a problem).

I was wrong. Post #606 (Leesureone) posted the kext for it. It also works on my Nuc!

Last edited:
No. There are no kext drivers available for it, so you have to use external card reader. (which to me, isn't a problem).
Wired how Leesureone got it to work

Is it possible to get Thunderbolt working on a NUC8i5BEH/NUC8i5BEK? I would consider changing/adding hardware if I have to.

Is it possible to get Thunderbolt working on a NUC8i5BEH/NUC8i5BEK? I would consider changing/adding hardware if I have to.
Yes, just change the setting in the bios for Thunderbolt to "legacy".

Yes, just change the setting in the bios for Thunderbolt to "legacy".
Thanks so much. I just tried it and rebooted, but under System Report/Thunderbolt it says, "Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded." Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 11.46.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 11.46.44 AM.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 56
Thanks so much. I just tried it and rebooted, but under System Report/Thunderbolt it says, "Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded." Is there anything else that needs to be done?
That is normal if I remember correctly, you have to have a device plugged in at boot up. Hot plugging doesn't work.

That is normal if I remember correctly, you have to have a device plugged in at boot up. Hot plugging doesn't work.
Thank you, again. I have an old Digi 002 Rack with FireWire 400 and I was going to attempt to get it working on this NUC. I know I'm going to need some kind of a converter from ThunderBolt to FireWire - no idea if I can do this or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back