Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a NUC8I3BEH following the original post with no luck installing macOS.

I have 2 questions here:

1. Which guide should I follow for NUC8I3? post #430?
2. Is it possible to install the OS onto nvme m.2 drive? seems like clover from other guides can't recognize nvme drive, only SATA.

Bios version 0071. Thanks!
Yes to your first question and no issues with M2 or NVME drives. No special drivers needed.

I have successfully installed 10.4.6 on my NUCi7BEH.
I also have installed a BCM943602CDP in a M.2 NGFF Key B+M Adapter by following the instructions from sarkuri.
But it is not being identified by Mojave.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

I have successfully installed 10.4.6 on my NUCi7BEH.
I also have installed a BCM943602CDP in a M.2 NGFF Key B+M Adapter by following the instructions from sarkuri.
But it is not being identified by Mojave.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
What kexts are you loading? You will also have to recreate an SSDT for your new USB configuration to allow the internal headers to work. Sakuri has an NUC8 so his SSDT probably won't work for you.

Last edited:
see next post

Last edited:
What kexts are you loading? You will also have to recreate an SSDT for your new USB configuration to allow the internal headers to work. Sakuri has an NUC8 so his SSDT probably won't work for you.
I'm using the whole EFI directory that you posted in #323 (generated not used serial for config.plist with clover configurator). I have a NUC8i7BEH, the same as sakuri.

I can understand that I maybe need to recreate the USB config for the internal headers, but that would be only true for bluetooth. Wi-Fi should at least be detected? Or is my assumption incorrect?

I'm using the whole EFI directory that you posted in #323 (generated not used serial for config.plist with clover configurator). I have a NUC8i7BEH, the same as sakuri.

I can understand that I maybe need to recreate the USB config for the internal headers, but that would be only true for bluetooth. Wi-Fi should at least be detected? Or is my assumption incorrect?
That's a good question, power comes from the USB connection (I think) so that could be the answer for everything.

Yes to your first question and no issues with M2 or NVME drives. No special drivers needed.
Thanks!

My particular NVMe SSD might be causing an issue with the OS, it's a Samsung PM981a. Any fix that you're aware of? Or should I change to another model?

I could search
Thanks!

My particular NVMe SSD might be causing an issue with the OS, it's a Samsung PM981a. Any fix that you're aware of? Or should I change to another model?
I could search this forum for an answer for you because I don't know but you can do the same thing. It's not really an issue to research here...

Last edited:
That's a good question, power comes from the USB connection (I think) so that could be the answer for everything.
M.2 connector has power lines to work, so even if BT is not powered, WiFi should work.

M.2 connector has power lines to work, so even if BT is not powered, WiFi should work.
So it's something else then....maybe he should try your EFI folder. I didn't recognize the card he bought but I also didn't spend anytime researching it for compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back