Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all,

i'm trying to install mojave on a 9010 MT, with 32gb ram, i7 3770 and Nvidia GTX650.
I tried several times, created the usb 3-4 times, followed the guide step by step.
every time, system reboots, before the install/disk utility screen.

tried misc settings, no cure..

any help ?

tried misc settings, no cure..

any help ?
Did you use Unibeast 9.2 or 9.3 to make your installer ? The guide for Mojave was created with 9.2 not 9.3.

You can try removing the GTX650 and setting graphics to auto. Then it will default to HD4000 that your i7 has integrated. Then the install will work without issues if you have your files and kexts in the right places.

Hey guys,

got a 7010 SFF from craigslist - 3.2 ghz I7, 2tb internal. 16gb of RAM. - $175

Added a 1T SSD - $109

Followed this guide, and got Mojave up and running in about 2 hours!

Everything works:
LAN
Built in audio
Messenger
App Store
ICloud
Shutdown and restart

Nice and perky!

Thanks for the amazing info and helpful links, you all are amazing.

This was much much easier than my first one, an Optiplex 960 dual core. That one never shut down or restarted right.

first of all, this system was working with a ga-z77-ds3h motherboard, under high sierra.
after a mobo failure, i decided to buy a 9110.
So, my GTX 650 was working with the above mobo and high sierra.

yes, i used unibeast 9.2.0 as the guide says.

i cannot set to onboard graphics, because my displays are dvi-d and hdmi. onboard graphics has display port.

i suppose, my 9010 reboots at the time it tries to display the disk utility/install mojave screen.. right?

i cannot set to onboard graphics, because my displays are dvi-d and hdmi. onboard graphics has display port.
Using a DP to HDMI adapter works well. If you don't want to do that you could Enable Legacy Option ROMs in the BIOS and then try the install with your GTX 650. See if that works. Check the box, save and exit then select the UEFI USB installer from the F12 boot menu screen.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Last edited:
My newest post in Deals of the Day:

Using a DP to HDMI adapter works well. If you don't want to do that you could enable legacy option roms in the BIOS and then try the install with your GTX 650. See if that works. Check the box, save and exit then select the UEFI installer from the F12 boot menu screen.

View attachment 448981

When i have "legacy option roms" disabled and Nvidia selected i have no display, not even the Dell startup screen.
which is the right setting ? Auto, Intel or Nvidia graphics ?

Nvidia graphics when the 650 is installed. Then check mark the box to enable legacy.

well,
enabled legacy option roms, so dvi-d display on Nvidia works.
enabled also verbose mode and an option not to reboot after kernel panic.
installation stops at the screen capture attached..

Attachments

• 20200209_193823.jpg
    20200209_193823.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back