Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
After updating these two kexts and changing DP port, screen works, thank you !!!
Now I have to find tweaks for screen res.

You would need to create a custom SSDT to disable the Nvidia 1060 while booted into macOS. It's not something I would do or even recommned with a 9010. It's a much better to have a separate Windows only PC with the 1060 installed for gaming. That way you can use a more powerful PSU and have better cooling that is really critical when gaming. If you still want to try what you are asking about I don't cover that in this thread. You'll need to post in another thread on that disabling Nvidia GPU topic, I believe it's in the laptops forum. Post is by Rehabman.
Thanks trs96, was AFK from this forum for a few weeks. I will check it out ASAP.!

I am feeling brave and will try this guide on my Dell Precision T1650. I read that it might be the same motherboard as the Optiplex 9020. The CPU is Xeon E3-12760 V2 at 3,5 GHz. What Mac model should I set it up as?

I am feeling brave and will try this guide on my Dell Precision T1650. I read that it might be the same motherboard as the Optiplex 9020. The CPU is Xeon E3-12760 V2 at 3,5 GHz. What Mac model should I set it up as?

I am not 100% sure, but I doubt it's the same as the Optiplex 9020 Intel chipset. I googled and saw something about the C216 chipset.

Will the chipset matter as long as the CPU is supported?

Finally had the time to try my hand at building a hackintosh (Dell Optiplex 9010)... it works (but with a couple of hiccups).

View attachment 428396

The hiccups I have:

1. Ethernet stops working after sleep mode/hibernate? (I just go to Network and select "Make Service Inactive" > Apply then "Make Service Active" > Apply and all is well.

2. Messages: Cannot send message via SMS to non-Apple sources ~ just freezes @ about 90% (green bar) then I get "Not Delivered". I will review "An iDiot's guide to iMessage".

Also running GeekBench (v5.0.2) I get the following numbers (not sure they are good or not as I have only seen GeekBench 4.x numbers which differ greatly!)

View attachment 428397
With all that said I want to thank tonymacx86.com and ALL the contributors. You guys/gals are SMART. And generous with your time and knowledge (I will be making a contibution).

Now to start working on the issues above (any comments/suggestions welcomed!)...

Fixed #1. above by using MultiBeast and using down rev'ed driver AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2 vs the installed v3.3.6

New Catalina Video Guide is Here

If you have already got High Sierra or Mojave installed and want to perform an in place upgrade then see post #4. A clean install is preferred if you can do that but is not mandatory.

The video guide to a Unibeast 10.0.0 install is in post #3 and should be viewed all the way through to see the changes in the post install part.

Hi, someone have bluetooth working on Catalina ?
I've a BCM94360HMB card, wifi works well, but bluetooth doesn't...
I've tried to install brcm kexts but still no bluetooth and wifi was crashing, so I've uninstalled it.

anyone using Quadro K600 Nvidia Kepler Card
and use it for dual monitor setup 1 monitor using dvi to vga converter - and 1 monitor with display port ?
does that work?

anyone using Quadro K600 Nvidia Kepler Card
and use it for dual monitor setup 1 monitor using dvi to vga converter - and 1 monitor with display port ?
does that work?
I have used the DP output adapted to HDMI and it works. For DVI to VGA to work will depend on the monitor's resolution. I've never tried to do that. Just make sure you use an LCD monitor with VGA not an old CRT monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back