Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going for it. If I'm not back in an hour assume everything went wrong.

It worked without a hitch. One thing I noticed was that I didn't have the "X minutes remaining" screen.

@trs96 hey man, i am zero about the PCI-E or any other motherboard things, i want to try airdrop and bluetooth via card like
BCM94360CD

The thing is, is this need kind of adapter for my 7010 SFF, and will it works OOB?
because i found this

here is the link to this card

does it need an adapter? and if not where in the hell i should stick it in my motherboard

i also found this

here is the link for this

Thanks man

The thing is, is this need kind of adapter for my 7010 SFF, and will it works OOB?
You don't have a mini-PCIe slot in your SFF. Those adapters won't work. You need to use one of the long PCIe slots. You've got two of them open, yes ?

This one will work but you don't have a USB 2.0 header on that motherboard. So you wouldn't get BT to work without some kind of connection to an external USB 2.0 port.

I am attempting to install High Sierra on my Optiplex 7010 with i5-3570, GTX 1060, and 2 sticks of 8 GB of PNY RAM. I am getting a kernel panic with message 'type 14=page fault' when trying to boot in verbose mode. However, when using the same USB stick on an otherwise identical Optiplex with an i7-3770 and 2 sticks of 8 GB Corsair RAM, it boots to the installation screen. What is wrong with my setup? Do PNY RAM or an i5 processor not work?

Attached is my EFI folder and an image of the kernel panic.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:
You don't have a mini-PCIe slot in your SFF. Those adapters won't work. You need to use one of the long PCIe slots. You've got two of them open, yes ?

This one will work but you don't have a USB 2.0 header on that motherboard. So you wouldn't get BT to work without some kind of connection to an external USB 2.0 port.

Any cards works OOB with 7010 SFF?
I will try to look for the header adapter if any
Or maybe give up the hope and here goes dongle haha lol

Any cards works OOB with 7010 SFF?
The one I linked works OOB with the DT or MT models. The only problem is no USB 2.0 header on your SFF motherboard. So what you'd need is to connect that USB 2 cable from the wifi adapter to an EXTERNAL USB 2.0 port.
Screen_Shot_18.jpg
You have to adapt this USB connector to a USB 2 port on your back panel.
Maybe look on Ebay. This one might possibly work. Haven't tried it yet.

The one I linked works OOB with the DT or MT models. The only problem is no USB 2.0 header on your SFF motherboard. So what you'd need is to connect that USB 2 cable from the wifi adapter to an EXTERNAL USB 2.0 port.
View attachment 395320

screen_shot_18-jpg.395320

This is female 9 pin usb header? And i need just the male 9 pin right?

View attachment 395320

Okay i found out for this usb header
screen_shot_18-jpg.395320

We need this 4 pin usb header male to usb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back