Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a SSDT for i5 3570 that was made prior to Mojave. None of my systems seem to boot with the Mojave created SSDT for power management.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a SSDT for i5 3570 that was made prior to Mojave. Non of my systems seem to boot with the Mojave created SSDT for power management.
I think that @nicksoph has one of those. He checks in fairly often. How are you liking the 7010 so far ?

I think that @nicksoph has one of those. He checks in fairly often. How are you liking the 7010 so far ?
Good. Thanks so much for your guide. I think I like the Dells more than the HP machines. They seem to be built better and seem to be quieter. The only thing I noticed, which someone else may have mentioned too, is that the Dells seem to take a few more seconds to get to the clover boot loader - but big deal. I leave mine sleeping most of the time. I snagged my 7010 on Ebay for under $80 and the GT 710 2gb for $20 on facebook.

Do I need to change anything on the clover config.plst once I add that new SSDT.aml to the patched folder - I'm using Revision II of your build - so besides creating a unique serial etc it should be the same as the guide.

Last edited:
Do I need to change anything on the clover config.plist once I add that new SSDT.aml
No, not needed. Yes, these Dells are the best refurb hackintosh deal there is right now. Doesn't make sense to use anything else, even if it costs a little less for older C2Duo or Sandy Bridge systems.

The Gold Standard for Hackintosh compatible Wifi/BT. If you have the Dell 7010/9010 MT system this is the best you can do in terms of performance and value. Nothing to assemble other than attaching the BT cable to your mobo header. Install it to either your PCIe x1 or x4 slot, both will work equally well. Works OOB and enables all the things you can do via Wifi and BT on a Mac. If you use Wifi exclusively and have a wireless trackpad, keyboard and mouse, this is a must have addition to your system. Cost is $54 with free shipping. BT signal range is well over 10 feet with antenna attached.

Fenvi Wifi Card at Newegg.com

Last edited:
The Gold Standard for Hackintosh compatible Wifi/BT. If you have the Dell 7010/9010 MT system this is the best you can do in terms of performance and value. Nothing to assemble other than attaching the BT cable to your mobo header. Install it to either your PCIe x1 or x4 slot, both will work equally well. Works OOB and enables all the things you can do via Wifi and BT on a Mac. If you use Wifi exclusively and have a wireless trackpad, keyboard and mouse, this is a must have addition to your system. Cost is $54 with free shipping.

Fenvi Wifi Card at Newegg.com
View attachment 396696
Is there a comparable LP version of this you would recommend for the DT, SFF?

Is there a comparable LP version of this you would recommend for the DT, SFF?
The problem with LP is that you will lose one of the 4 antennas when putting a LP bracket on this card. For DT and SFF I'd suggest the BCM94360CS2 card that is linked in the Spoiler at the beginning of post #1. Has the LP bracket and everything that you need to make it work in the DT. The SFF needs an additional USB 2 header to USB 2 port adapter to make it work.

Here's another 3 antenna option for a Broadcom PCIe card. Not sure if it comes with the LP bracket. Need to ask the seller.

• Supports Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad
  • Compatible with MAC OS X 10.7 (Hackintosh) or later system
  • Natively compatible with Mac system, no extra driver required
  • Supports hand-off and other macOS features

I found an interesting possible solution for big graphic cards. It called PCI-E 16x Male to Female Riser.
I don't have optiplex computer yet so don't know if it works. I hope it's helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back