Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, i want to thank you @trs96 for this Guide, i've success to install on my Dell 9010 MT.

I have a question, here is my IPG, could you tell me that my IPG done right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 4.40.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 4.40.29 PM.png
    579 KB · Views: 107
if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate some help. thank you!
two things come to mind -

1. have you formatted the drive correctly?
Make sure you can see the top level of devices in disk utility and format the device not the partition,

2. can you try downloading Mojave from app store? if not
you can search for 'createmedia' on this site which gives other options

Last edited:
Last edited:
if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate some help. thank you!
Download macOS Mojave only from the Mac App Store. Getting it anywhere else is a rules violation and will lead to a suspension from this community. We don't allow use of software and techniques from dosdude1 here.

Last edited:
First of all, i want to thank you @trs96 for this Guide, i've success to install on my Dell 9010 MT.

I have a question, here is my IPG, could you tell me that my IPG done right?
You really need to let your system come to a completely idle state and then read IPG. It may take two minutes of doing nothing with all other apps closed. It may take longer. Wait and see as long as it takes.
As I stated in a previous post:
Close everything down except the IPG app, let your system sit for awhile and go into a true idle state before taking the screenshot of the IPG window.
Core Utilization at 1.2 % is not an idle state in my opinion. Should be down to at least .4

Last edited:
trs96,

Some new questions (some old):

1) Any ideas why <F12> does not operate the Drawer on the CD Drive? This was working OOB after installing SL.

2) I cannot seem to download a working copy of the ACRONIS Software. I have downloaded it 6 times, and all of them when attempting to open/mount in a Windows 7 (32-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit) environment give the error that the file is corrupt/upsupported.

3) Since I am going to re-do the install on the CLEAN 500GB HDD....is there anything special I should do with the USB that used for this INSTALL? Copy files there, etc?

4) Is there a way, on a MAC, to make a USB WRITE PROTECTED? In Windows you can used DISKPART to do this. Anything in MAC world?

Grizz

Any ideas why <F12> does not operate the Drawer on the CD Drive?
Try clicking on the triangle with the line under it instead. Should work.

I cannot seem to download a working copy of the ACRONIS Software.
Post in that forum to find out why. I have no idea.

Since I am going to re-do the install on the CLEAN 500GB HDD....is there anything special I should do with the USB that used for this INSTALL? Copy files there, etc?
If you made it correctly the first time, nothing you should need to do.

Is there a way, on a MAC, to make a USB WRITE PROTECTED?
Not sure. Try a search with Google and see what comes up.

Try clicking on the triangle with the line under it instead. Should work. View attachment 389788

This does work. I have the DELL MultiMedia Keyboard attached and the VOLUME KNOB and MUTE Button actually work. Was just curious as to why the <F12> was not.

Post in that forum to find out why. I have no idea.

I did check the SHA256 they have listed with a program that checks HASHs - and it is wrong. I may just say screw it.

If you made it correctly the first time, nothing you should need to do.

OK. Do you think that copying 'your' files from the guide to the USB after it is made (make a folder called 'Guide_Files') would be feasible?

Not sure. Try a search with Google and see what comes up.

I did - nothing found other than ways to disable it - or use WINDOWS. But the USB is GUID / HFS+ . I was thinking maybe a SUDO command to do it. But given that I was getting errors before that the USB had become inaccessible - wondering if this is a good idea or not.

One More Question -- Any idea why the mouse does not wake up the Machine? It does if I press a button on it, but not on moving it...and the red light underneath is ON. Touching the keyboard also works.

Grizz

Any idea why the mouse does not wake up the Machine? It does if I press a button on it, but not on moving it...and the red light underneath is ON.
Windows is Windows and Mac is Mac. Not everything will work the same way.

Download macOS Mojave only from the Mac App Store. Getting it anywhere else is a rules violation and will lead to a suspension from this community. We don't allow use of software and techniques from dosdude1 here.

Thanks.

btw, the attached file "i7-3770 ssdt.aml", i downloaded it, extracted then i have "ssdt.aml", what folder path should i paste it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back