Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately i dont have a unibeast installer as I created my hackintosh with elcapitan and updated directly every year since then... What I did is booting in windows and renaming the ssdt.aml to disable it -> was able to boot again.

I have attached:
-the boot error in verbose mode
-the log from AppleIntelInfo.kext (without SSDT.aml)
-my created SSDT.aml
-screenshot of activity monitor
I'm having the same issue also, with the ssdt.aml installed in efi, my machine won't boot as well, had to remove it only it will boot.

@LeonKY - Ive had similar issues which I cant really understand using some ssdt's - But using the xcpm (1st method in instructions) works well. Suggest you get it working with the first method and then troubleshoot. (There are lots of comments on this thread as well as trs96's HP83000 build description thread that relate.) FYI if you have an ssdt in /patched and you dont want it to load on boot, you can interrupt clover and go to Options|Config and you can choose to not load the ssdt by selecting it to be dropped.

Last edited:
Ive had similar issues which I can really understand using some ssdt's
What we should do is determine if this is a Mojave only problem or whether the version of macOS doesn't matter. So if everyone experiencing this could also state if they have installed Mojave or HS that would be great.

What we should do is determine if this is a Mojave only problem or whether the version of macOS doesn't matter.
I have only had problems on Mojave but tried it a lot less on High Sierra.

I have only had problems on Mojave but tried it a lot less on High Sierra.
I'm actually using an i7-3770 SSDT created on Sierra. I've never had a boot problem using it with my Mojave install. It's possible that actually making the SSDT in Mojave is what leads to this.

I'm actually using an i7-3770 SSDT created on Sierra. I've never had a boot problem using it with my Mojave install. It's possible that actually making the SSDT in Mojave is what leads to this.
Ah, maybe this is it, I was trying to create it on Mojave.

Here's what my Intel Power Gadget readings look like at a true idle state. Under Utilization the reading should be at .20 to .40 and the Frequency should be at 1.6. This is my i7-3770 Mojave system. As I said previously, this is an SSDT created with Sierra and not Mojave. If your Mojave created SSDT doesn't let you boot try making one in High Sierra or Sierra.

To everyone testing their idle power draw, close everything down except the IPG app, let your system sit for awhile and go into a true idle state before taking the screenshot of the IPG window. Then you'll see what power usage is in a completely idle state. The PKG temperature is only that low because I replaced the existing dried out thermal paste with Noctua TP I had sitting around from another build. I highly suggest you do that too. Doesn't have to be Noctua brand. Just something that is fresh and relatively high quality.

Last edited:
I've attached the SSDTs for CPU PM for the i5-3470 and i7-3770 to post #1 of this thread. They have been tested to work OK with Mojave. If anyone wants to upload their working CPU PM SSDT for Mojave that will help others who have installed Mojave and can't make a working SSDT with their current install.

Sunday 24 FEB - Update

OK. I have gotten the HIGH SIERRA reloaded :clap::clap: (as per the guide)...but have a few questions maybe someone can help with.

I re-did the SMBIOS functions in CLOVER CONFIGURATOR and after generating a new SERIAL and UUID - I was able to get iCloud working and REMOVE my other MacMini from the last install. So it is now only showing this current one.

1) First question - I have set it all up - getting Audio from the HDMI monitor and even the BlueRay player plays a DVD - have not installed a BR player yet to test BlueRay disc - but it does play (full screen and has sound from monitor). I have notice the <F12> key does not open and close the drive tray. It did under SNOW LEOPARD, but not now. Any Ideas?

2) I want to CLONE the drive - and have reads the ACRONIS page 3 times now - but when I download the file from the MAC - I cannot get it to open so that I can build the USB drive. Every time I click it to open it - it tries to open with SAFARI. Any ideas why? Is there a better way to do this? I can find DiskImageManager.app - but it does not appear to do anything when I double-click it.

3) I split the 250GB HDD when I did the UEFI HighSierra install. I have two partitions (well 4 if you consider the BootLoader and the UEFI). I would like to remove the El Capitan portion and make it part of the High Sierra partition. But I would also like to migrate over to the 500GB SSD. Which would be easier?

a) Using the working HighSierra USB - and starting fresh install to the 500GB HDD?
b) Cloning this drive and then restoring to the SSD?
c) Is there anything else from the HDD - that I would backup (secondary to an alternate location)?
d) Would a TimeMachine Backup do me any good?

4) At what point should I do the updates (APPLE) that it wants to install?

5) I also cannot get FINDER to show me ALL DRIVES and the LOCAL machine. Shows only the EFI drive, the ElCapitan_HDD, Remote Disc and the attached 4GB Flash Drive (I wanted to use for ACRONIS).

trs96 and P1LGRIM -- thanks for hanging in there with me.

Grizz

Last edited:
Concluding Options: Final Three Steps Post Installation
Create an SSDT for CPU Power Management
Simply follow the tonymacx86 guide and place the ssdt.aml in the Clover/ACPI/patched folder on your system drive. Click here to see the guide If you already have an SSDT created for your i3, i5 or i7 CPU in High Sierra or Sierra use that. Drag and drop the file into the /Clover/ACPI/patched folder along with all the other SSDTs. Some CPUs seem to have problems with SSDTs created while running Mojave. Non-bootable systems have been reported. If that happens, simply boot with your Unibeast USB and remove the SSDT. If your Mojave created SSDT doesn't allow you to boot, try making one in High Sierra or Sierra.

trs96,

Is this step necessary if I am already using your CONFIG.PLIST and the "SSDTs Dell Optiplex" zip file from your guide?

:?: Also - do you have any recommendations for AUTI-VIRUS / MALWARE - maybe something to add to the guide as well?

Grizz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back