Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) I want to CLONE the drive - and have reads the ACRONIS page 3 times now - but when I download the file from the MAC - I cannot get it to open so that I can build the USB drive. Every time I click it to open it - it tries to open with SAFARI. Any ideas why? Is there a better way to do this?
It appears that Kyhi has changed something in the way he is creating the ISO files. Use a Windows machine to make your bootable USB for Win10PE SE. I've revised that guide to instruct how to do this in Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. If you only have access to Win7 then use http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/

Last edited:
Is this step necessary if I am already using your CONFIG.PLIST and the "SSDTs Dell Optiplex" zip file from your guide?
It is optional, you don't have to do that. That's why I put the word "Options" in the title.
Also - do you have any recommendations for ANTI-VIRUS / MALWARE
Really shouldn't need any. If you do want to install one look into Malwarebytes.
The main and best form of protection is to be careful about what you download from the internet.

It is optional, you don't have to do that. That's why I put the word "Options" in the title.

Really shouldn't need any. If you do want to install one look into Malwarebytes.
The main and best form of protection is to be careful about what you download from the internet.

PERFECT --- THANKS.

hello, I found an opportunity that sells an optiplex 9010 usff but without cpu. except that I can get an i3-4130, es that know possible to put them together. I don't have a very high budget, so for me know a great offer!

hello, I found an opportunity that sells an optiplex 9010 usff but without cpu. except that I can get an i3-4130, es that know possible to put them together. I don't have a very high budget, so for me know a great offer!
No, you can't use the i3-4130 CPU in the 9010. It must be an Ivy Bridge CPU like the i3-3225 or i3-3245 which will fit in the motherboard socket properly. Look for one of those two CPUs if you want a lower cost i3.

trs96 -- I feel that you needed some FANFARE. All of your hard work and an EXCELLENT installation guide. One that if followed provides one with a working HIGH SIERRA or MOJAVE Hackintosh.

Everyone should be super thankful (I KNOW I AM). For all your dedication and hard work on this guide.

I still have a few things - that I need to get working (to my liking) - but just wanted to put this out there.

Grizz

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind words Grizz. You did all the hard work to get to this point (all the way from Snow Leopard 10.6.3) and never gave up. That is impressive to me. :clap:

Last edited:
Hello! Thanks for this guide, it's been very helpful, I'm pretty new this and just happen to have a 7010 that needed to be used, so I'm learning as I go. I've managed to install High Sierra successfully once, but I can't get Mojave to work on anything with any USB stick I've tried. I'm stating to think it's the Mojave install image, I didn't "re-download" it, but I got both copies from the same place, I downloaded them using the "macOS Mojave patcher" app so it's possible the image source has an error, but I believe it's coming from apple.

Everytime I successfully get to the mojave install, when thing are going their "right-est", it hangs at 2 min and then after a bit I get an error that says "an error occured validating the installer data. The download is either damaged or incomplete." I'm going to look, arround, I hadn't seen another option for getting the file, I don't have a Mac that meets the mojave spec so I can't download it from itunes. When I try to run the patcher and install Mojave on my 2011 mini I have issues too, so it's still very possible this is an issue with my install app. I just can't find any info when I search to see if anyone else has this issue.

if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate some help. thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back