Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
trs96,

The other Broadcom card that you mentioned came yesterday from China (got on eBay -- Dual Band BCM94360CS2 PCI-E 867Mbps 802.11AC BT4.0 Wifi PCI-Express Adapter Card). I have yet to put it in the machine - wanted to know if there is anything that I need to install prior to putting it in.

It has the BT and WIFI as well. It even came with the header cable (I am thinking), and the LP bracket.

Grizz

wanted to know if there is anything that I need to install prior to putting it in.
It has native support in Mojave so no. Just connect up the USB 2 cable to mobo header and then try it out.

Hi all! After reading this amazing guide i ordered a 7010 3770 MT for a friend of mine who wants to live the macos experience. Apparently this one will come with an AMD HD 7500 on it. Are these GPUs compatible? should i give it a try or just unplug and throught it to the box with the spares?

PCI-E 16x Male to Female Riser.
what fun.... iv'e just ordered one and also seen this https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/19cm-Pci-e...n-Riser-Ca/4012233268?iid=173626258624&chn=ps which would allow placing the graphics card in much more novel places (I rarely use standard cases).

Apparently this one will come with an AMD HD 7500M on it. Are these GPUs compatible?
Knowing now that it's the 7500M model, here's my more concise answer:
Apple never used that card from 2014 in any Mac so it's not supported. They were still using only Nvidia back then. Replace it with one of the cards from Post #2 if he needs better than HD4000 graphics. The GT710 isn't really an upgrade over HD4000 so choose a card better than that for an upgrade.

3570 - i have only 3570K but here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sing-clover-uefi-hotpatch.265384/post-1912433 @LisaAlterEgo has posted one. Should be exactly the same as if made for the dell.
Thanks for finding this- I've been googling for a couple days and it never came up with this post. I added to my patched folder, but the system still won't complete the boot process. I'm attaching the config.plist as I'm sure it has to be the issue. Also, the image is what's in my patched folder (besides the SSDT.aml)

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 10.22.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 10.22.21 AM.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 46
Thanks for finding this- I've been googling for a couple days and it never came up with this post. I added to my patched folder, but the system still won't complete the boot process. I'm attaching the config.plist as I'm sure it has to be the issue. Also, the image is what's in my patched folder (besides the SSDT.aml)
In your config.plist you should set the ROM entry to: UseMacAddr0 Leave the MLB empty.

Hmm. Still no dice. I think the problem might have something to do with some extra kexts I have installed that make my USB Bluetooth dongle (Asus BT-400) and TP Archer T6E Wifi card work better with handoff/airdrop etc.
hangs at "kexd stall[0], (60s): 'X86PlatformPLugin', 'BCM20702A0'" - maybe the SSDT and those kexts don't mesh well. Those extra kexts are in Library-Extensions:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

Hmm. Still no dice. I think the problem might have something to do with some extra kexts I have installed that make my USB Bluetooth dongle (Asus BT-400) and TP Archer T6E Wifi card work better with handoff/airdrop etc.
hangs at "kexd stall[0], (60s): 'X86PlatformPLugin', 'BCM20702A0'" - maybe the SSDT and those kexts don't mesh well. Those extra kexts are in Library-Extensions:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
Does it boot normally without the BT dongle plugged in ?
Either delete those Bcrm kexts and try again or leave them there and upload your problem reporting files.
Use the script by blackdragon 74.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back