Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like RehabMan just disappeared :(

Hey guys I need help... I got Zbook 15 g3 I need full tutorial installing Mojave with full drivers.. Or patched ready efi folder to use it.. Thnx

@RehabMan is terribly missed. I hope he's just enjoying his vacation somewhere out there.

Has anybody been able to enable QE/CI acceleration in a Thinkpad X220 (Core i5, HD3000). I've followed several guides, the one that took me further was the one at x220.mcdonnelltech.com , following that, everything is working fine except QE/CI. I have 8GB of RAM.

hi guys, is it more likely that two batteries die (HP Probook 430 G3 and 470 G3) or that the battery kexts don't do the trick on Skylake? It doesn't seem to be me because it works on an older 430 G2 Broadwell. TIA

update - figured it out myself - BIOS update - so crucial - maybe it might help others

Last edited:
Hey guys!

It's been days I'm trying to install High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Elitebook 8460p, it's a chance I still have hairs on my head!! :)

I follow that guide for the usb creation :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

RehabMan Clover v4971

Usb is booting and I can see the High Sierra install part.

1- I have a kernel error if I leave slide=0 in the args
2- I remove the slide=0 and the white text gets longer but at some point the install reboot itself without reaching the macos installation screen.

My EFI folder is linked below, don't know what I need to add for you to get the full detail.
Also manage to get a screenshot of the screen at the panic stage.

Thanks for your help !

EDIT : Issue looks to be solved by :
- removing argument : slide=0 (causes kernel error)
- switching DropTables version from minimal to aggressive in the config.plist as suggested in the "Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs " part of the guide...

High Sierra is installed and now to proceed with the post installation...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 210
  • 20190818_192546.jpg
    20190818_192546.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Your CPU PM configuration is wrong.
Read main laptop guide regarding proper enabling of "alternate DropTables".
Hi bro
i have probook 4540s.
i used your site guide frome maveriks to mojave.
after updating to mojave..my 4540s is lagy and slow on loanch apps for first use.
sometimes finder will crash.
what you think?

@RehabMan,

Thank you for this guide I have an Elitebook 810 G3, and I followed the procedure I used the 8x0 G3 Broadwell Plist, and it's experiencing some issues. When I disconnect power it crashes, and boot loops.. Also the audio is not working at all. I saw in earlier posts you were looking for the USB Customization IOREG so I included that with my log files. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Logs for Rehabman.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 168
@RehabMan
Hey RehabMan,
I am from Germany and I would like to translate your Guide for German peoples, who want to build a Hackintosh based on a HP Laptop. I would post it on the German Hackintosh forum: https://www.hackintosh-forum.de
To do this I need your approval. Of course I will put a link for this post into mine and would reference to you.
I hope for your approval.
Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back