Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer macOS Catalina.
then post in Catalina laptop support

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Hi!
REPORTING of NVIDIA QUADRO M2000M Sucess on HP Zbook G3 15. Working as [ Bios=>Build in devices=>Graphics mode=(Auto, Hybrid Graphics, Discrete) ] on High Sierra (latest update). But on Windows working only as Discrete mode, in auto, it will fail to load drivers.

How?
(NOTE: this is not Step by Step GUIDE as solutions are NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL IN ANY OS AND CAN DAMAGE YOUR HARDWARE)

Step 1:

Using NVFLASH - backup the main VBIOS of dGPU. In my case it was EMPTY. On the picture, you will see, that NVFLASH64 reporting that EEPROM APPEARS TO BE BLANK. Any of google backup methods won`t help me. So it clear that MXM onboard vbios ROM is empty.

step1.JPG

Step 2:
- So, if VBIOS ROM is empty, how it will work?
- Another ROM chip can send VBIOS to GPU to operate.
- Main BIOS stores VBIOSes of any supported GPU mods

STEP2.jpg

- I extract VBIOS from BIOS using UEFITool

STEP3.png

Step 3:
- I have tried to Flash VBIOS (from main BIOS) to EEPROM, but fail, as VBIOS Isn`t FULL.
- VBIOS from MAIN BIOS is an internal part of VBIOS ROM itself.

NVFLASH64 COMMAND LIST
NVFLASH COMMANDS.JPG

VBIOS FROM BIOS FLASHING [[FAIL]]
STEP 4A.JPG

So I flashed EEPROM for one of the ROMs from TechnoPowerUp. And this rom was for discrete setup only. After some checks (backup flashed ROM and compare using HEXFriend.App with downloaded from web. If the files are the same, then everything is okay, ROM isn`t Bricked. Dut if the ROM is bricked and you restart your laptop, there will be no luck to recover it using software method.

And here is Results
88286604_418692912328623_1513604083506741248_n.jpg
WHAT NOT WORKING?
In Discrete mode only laptop screen not working as Framebuffer not launching on it. And it`s full of artifacts.
Windows 10 M2000M will not work

WHAT IS WORKING (Mac Os)?
Discrete mode=
Hdmi, VGA, FULL Nvidia acceleration (latest WEBDRIVERS Installed)
Auto= Nvidia as Co-Processing unit only (CUDA + METAL), DAVINCI RESOLVE (5K 5:1 RED RAW - 22 FPS, Mid CC corrections 12-14 FPS)

WHAT IS POSSIBLE, BUT I HAVE NOT ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE:

In Theory, it is possible to extract VBIOS from main BIOS and add to it INPUT and OUTPUT regions to make it right structure. Original vbios is 180 KB, but ROM from MAIN BIOS is only 119 KB. As I said before: vbios in main bios is just an internal part of Vbios, without info of GPU and regions with ways.

Last edited:
SSDT.aml file that I prepared for HP 9470m Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3687U. frequency 2100 mhz, max frequency: 2100 mhz. Turbo feature is off and the processor does not heat up. File attached.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 159
SSDT.aml file that I prepared for HP 9470m Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3687U. frequency 2100 mhz, max frequency: 2100 mhz. Turbo feature is off and the processor does not heat up. File attached.

If the CPU is overheating you need to change thermal paste on it, try mx-4. On zbook g3 it gave me 69-71c' under heavy load and longtime turbo boost! The ambient temperature was 27c'

Thanks, there is no such problem. Still, I don't want to use it in turbo mode.

If the CPU is overheating you need to change thermal paste on it, try mx-4. On zbook g3 it gave me 69-71c' under heavy load and longtime turbo boost! The ambient temperature was 27c'

REPORTING of NVIDIA QUADRO M2000M Sucess on HP Zbook G3 15.

I have done some rendering tests on M2000M and GTX 1080 In Davinci Resolve 16!
Here are the results:

ONE PICTURE.jpg

Before anything I want to thanks this forum for all the help I already found on this hackintosh adventure.
I´m with a ´´new´´notebook (Hp 9470 M ,8 Gb RAM, Intel VGA HD 4000, i5 3rd generation.) and installed catalina with the help from tonymacx86 comunity. Everything works great (sound,wifi) but the boot process takes too much (about 2 min on apple logo) and I think maybe I did something wrong. The system looks a little slow sometimes but maybe catalina is too much for this old i5. Im not sure.
I want to know if someome can look ate my EFI folder o share another ideia.

Thanks so much

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 74
  • ioreg leo.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 64
why do you have skylake patches in your config if you do not have a skylake cpu? that is your problem - you made it work somehow having no idea how. you cannot expect a working system by using other peoples configs.

Hi, im new to this and really wanna try to make my HP ProBook 4540s into a Mac!
I havnt changed anything i side the PC, but i got an USB wifi and thought i might use this instead of replacing hw.

so what do i install on it? Do i have to start all the way down to SL? Or can i just create an USB with the macOS Version reccomended for my hw?

and what macOS do you reccomend for my laptop? I got Intel hd4000 + and and dedicated gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back