Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Finally It works with RX 570 and RX 580.Now I'm trying Quadro K6000 without switching graphic card.
Thank you.

Now I'm trying Quadro K6000 without switching graphic card.
The Quadro K6000 should install just like the GT710.
The Dortania Guides are not very helpful when using OCLP.
I am currently testing the content of this post.

Hello everyone!
I was using HP 8300 with Mac OS on it for quite a long time.
Would like to share my experience with installing macOS Monterey 12.5.1 on it recently.
My setup is i7-3770 with GeForce GT710 1GB.

What I did:
  1. I took latest OpenCore (0.8.3) with example config from OpenCore GitHub.
  2. I've moved all ACPI files I have from my BigSur config and add them to this fresh Config.plist.
  3. I've added latest kext and choose driver files I need and modified Config.plist accordingly.
  4. Created install USB with 12.5.1 MacOS and this EFI folder.
  5. Install the MacOS from USD on SSD.
  6. After install I've added EFI to my SSD.
  7. Then I disabled SIP from recovery mode by using two commands:
    csrutil disable
    csrutil authenticated-root disable
    (I've tried "toggle SIP" OpenCore entry and modifing Config.plist but it doesn't work for me)
  8. Then I installed Kepler patch using OpenCoreLegacyPatcher (you could do it directly with https://github.com/chris1111/Geforce-Kepler-patcher but I find it easier to do with OpenCore patcher)
  9. Next small tweaks, but overall at this moment system is really usable and I don't have problems with it.
So far using it for couple of days and it works like a charm.
I'm attaching EFI folder for someone interested in my setup.
tried several times but get a firmware error trying to install Monterey on my HP 8300

edited....see below.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
I was using HP 8300 with Mac OS on it for quite a long time.
Would like to share my experience with installing macOS Monterey 12.5.1 on it recently.
My setup is i7-3770 with GeForce GT710 1GB.

What I did:
  1. I took latest OpenCore (0.8.3) with example config from OpenCore GitHub.
  2. I've moved all ACPI files I have from my BigSur config and add them to this fresh Config.plist.
  3. I've added latest kext and choose driver files I need and modified Config.plist accordingly.
  4. Created install USB with 12.5.1 MacOS and this EFI folder.
  5. Install the MacOS from USD on SSD.
  6. After install I've added EFI to my SSD.
  7. Then I disabled SIP from recovery mode by using two commands:
    csrutil disable
    csrutil authenticated-root disable
    (I've tried "toggle SIP" OpenCore entry and modifing Config.plist but it doesn't work for me)
  8. Then I installed Kepler patch using OpenCoreLegacyPatcher (you could do it directly with https://github.com/chris1111/Geforce-Kepler-patcher but I find it easier to do with OpenCore patcher)
  9. Next small tweaks, but overall at this moment system is really usable and I don't have problems with it.
So far using it for couple of days and it works like a charm.
I'm attaching EFI folder for someone interested in my setup.
Hi Everyone and thanks to this forum I have BS 11.7.9 running very smoothly on my HP 6300 3.2 Ghz i5 with RX 560. I'm wanting to upgrade to Monterey to advance to the updated photos app in Monerey, but my attempts have failed using Asural and Odesi EFI's. My knowledge in using OC is minimal but I'm willing to learn.

A couple of questions. If I use an EFI that someone has graciously posted here, do I need to use the same OC version that they used at that time of post? And would Asural's EFI be a better one to follow as we have more similar configurations (HP6300).

And would I also need to Download the same version of Monterey that they used at the time of post as well?

Finally, I made a clone of my current stable BS on a new SSD disk. Would it be best to try to hit the software upgrade button on that new disk and go from there?

If your willing to help, that would be great! Thanks!

Hi Everyone and thanks to this forum I have BS 11.7.9 running very smoothly on my HP 6300 3.2 Ghz i5 with RX 560. I'm wanting to upgrade to Monterey to advance to the updated photos app in Monerey, but my attempts have failed using Asural and Odesi EFI's. My knowledge in using OC is minimal but I'm willing to learn.

A couple of questions. If I use an EFI that someone has graciously posted here, do I need to use the same OC version that they used at that time of post? And would Asural's EFI be a better one to follow as we have more similar configurations (HP6300).

And would I also need to Download the same version of Monterey that they used at the time of post as well?

Finally, I made a clone of my current stable BS on a new SSD disk. Would it be best to try to hit the software upgrade button on that new disk and go from there?

If your willing to help, that would be great! Thanks!
or use your own working efi but update your kexts and bootloader?

This is the Opencore EFi 0.9.5 for Ventura and Sonoma with RX580.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.1 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
This is the EFi 0.9.5 for Ventura and Sonoma with RX580.
Rather than just attaching your EFI it would be better to explain all the steps you had to follow to make it work with these unsupported macOS versions. TIA.

Is the same version i used for Ventura.
For Sonoma i just patched my original broadcom
wifi card and the gpu using OCLP.I also updated the kext
lilu,whatevergreen,cryptexfixup,applealc,virtualsmc and intelmausi.

Last edited:
Fantastic contribution, I have used it with an HP8300 SFF and RX560 graphics card. Configured as ImacPro 1.1
Works for both Ventura and Sonoma.
I applied instructions from the Asural post (March 9, 2023)
Wifi activated with https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter
USB Bluethoot patch pending
In Sonoma I have a problem with the time zone synchronization since it does not detect it as well as with the weather widget.

Attachments

• Imac info.png
    Imac info.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 22
Back