Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

My iMac 13,2 - Catalina 10.15.2 is here. Please take a look through. I still have some issue with display
Why not use Mac mini 6,1 or 6,2 as is directed in the guide ? Is there a specific reason for using iMac 13,2 ?

hi
That mean that I cannot use the vga from my hp8300elite sff to display
then how can i display
i am starting to install MacOs for my hp8300elite sff and i am totally new in that.
Thx for help

i am starting to install MacOs for my hp8300elite sff and i am totally new in that.
Welcome to the forums. First thing to do is put your hardware, CPU, Graphics and HP 8300 SFF (for motherboard entry) into your profile. Then you'll be able to get help. Put them here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details

If you have HD4000 graphics from your CPU igfx you could use the onboard DisplayPort output for the install. To be honest I would wait a short time and do the install once Sniki has posted the updated guide for 10.15.2. There will be numerous important changes. You can view that info in the latest posts from Sniki above.

Last edited:
Look at this HP 8300 owners. Like the larger 8300 SFF that is usually in the top 3 desktop bestsellers on Amazon.com the 8300 USFF (also called USDT) is now ranking at #1 best selling in mini computers. Of course to hackintosh this you'd need to swap the 3470S CPU for one with HD4000 graphics. An i5-3475S would be one of those options. The i7-3770S is the better option. The mandatory 135W power brick from HP is included with this.
1577043550467.png
The 2018 core i3 Mac mini comes in at #2 in this list at $679. That's not bad but here's the problem. You can open it up with special torx security screw drivers and upgrade the ram. But you're forever stuck with the core i3 and the 128 GB SSD is not upgradable at all. So you'd have to spend more for the i5 and larger SSD now if you need those. Also note that with the HP USFF you may or may not be able to upgrade past Catalina using HD4000 graphics. With the 8300 SFF version you can install a macOS supported AMD LP graphics card to get around that.

Last edited:
I believe i am almost done there.

There are only some problems that are leaving me on hold because they are not on my side:

1. Hackintool does have issues with generating USB Ports for USB2 Devices (EH01 and EH02 Controllers), i am still on hold for a response, talked to headkaze for that and he mentioned corpnewt to give it a look but still no answer.
Now instead of moving on, im trying to investigate this myself... which brings us to more delays as it's something that is affecting all my machines...

2. AppleALC - i am in discussion with Acidanthera team about CodecCommander features, they say these features are already present and codecommander shall not be used anymore but we need to do some more debugging, to fix those issues as it's clearly not working, now we are debugging to find the issue and fix those AppleALC features.

I would rather wait until i fix all those and have a perfect Clover guide update and then move my workflow into OpenCore.

Wow, thanks for the statistics @trs96 that's a good thing to know.

I understand that HD2500 graphics aren’t supported. Is it possible though to use this guide with an I5-3470 with HD2500 if it will only be used headless? Or does no support for that IGPU just flat out mean it won’t install/boot?

I’m thinking of putting one together (8300 SFF, I5-3470, no dGPU) as a home server without a monitor and can temporarily use my RX560 from my existing hackintosh to complete the install, then remove the RX560 and put it back into my existing rig.
Thanks!

I understand that HD2500 graphics aren’t supported. Is it possible though to use this guide with an I5-3470 with HD2500 if it will only be used headless? Or does no support for that IGPU just flat out mean it won’t install/boot?
I’m thinking of putting one together (8300 SFF, I5-3470, no dGPU) as a home server without a monitor and can temporarily use my RX560 from my existing hackintosh to complete the install, then remove the RX560 and put it back into my existing rig.
I've never heard of anyone attempting this yet. I would do the install with the RX560 and then see what works or doesn't when using it as a server without supported graphics. If you try report back the results. What I would do if using HD2500 doesn't work headless is install a Quadro 410 card for 15 dollars or install an i5-3475S for a little more than that to get working HD4000.

I believe i am almost done there.

There are only some problems that are leaving me on hold because they are not on my side:

1. Hackintool does have issues with generating USB Ports for USB2 Devices (EH01 and EH02 Controllers), i am still on hold for a response, talked to headkaze for that and he mentioned corpnewt to give it a look but still no answer.
Now instead of moving on, im trying to investigate this myself... which brings us to more delays as it's something that is affecting all my machines...

2. AppleALC - i am in discussion with Acidanthera team about CodecCommander features, they say these features are already present and codecommander shall not be used anymore but we need to do some more debugging, to fix those issues as it's clearly not working, now we are debugging to find the issue and fix those AppleALC features.

I would rather wait until i fix all those and have a perfect Clover guide update and then move my workflow into OpenCore.

Wow, thanks for the statistics @trs96 that's a good thing to know.

Sniki,

You might try using USBInjectAll version 0.7.0 instead of 0.7.1. As Rehabman noted, he dropped descriptions
of the hubs for certain machines like iMacPro1,1 in the later USBInjectAll plist. With the slightly earlier version,
I can define my HP 8300 in SMBIOS as an iMacPro1,1 and configure the hubs properly using slightly
modified versions of your earlier hotpatches. I changed the definitions of ports 6,8 in hub 1 to be PortType 2
and defined port 1 in hub 1. These worked with a card reader (with various card ports and a USB2 port) plugged
in media 1 mobo port for ports 5,6 (I think) or plugged into media 2 mobo port for ports 7,8.

Back