Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

IIRC someone posted a working OC EFI folder in this thread. The name was jay something. Try searching the thread. Must have been 1 or 1.5 months ago. It probably used OC 0.6.1 as 6.2 wasn't released yet.

Last edited:
@BillyGoatGruff
Thank you for reply, My card does not have a usb header like ur's ( yours is on left side of the PCIe adaptor), Mine is on the right side with no connectors, just headers to solder, which I bought when I did my first ever project, thanks for @trs96 guide, followed by @Sniki 's guide. I was happy then just to have wifi, never bothered with bluetooth then, used asus dongle. Recently thought to dual boot , hence the need for Bluetooth at clover login. Thanks for confirming that apple keyboard works !

@trs96 I wud get my soldering iron out, and give it a go

@Sniki i know your not around much these days but I’m hoping you might see this.

I am trying to run opencore (latest) using the definition MacPro6,1. I can install Mac OS X but after the initial first boot, it no longer boots after that. Just keeps crashing. I made the acpi files in window. Followed the guide all good on check. Could it be my kext, bios, or config?

I’m using the same bios and kext as listed in the first post. I’m also using a 710 as my primary graphics.

the one things I’m using that is different is the usbinjectall. Should I use your usbkext instead?

Hi @Sniki @trs96 - I'm rebuilding my HP8300 SFF with i7-3770 and I want to use iMac13,2 for my SysDef. Question regarding USBPorts.kext - could you please confirm that I just need to do is Find ALL "Macmini6,1" and replace ALL with "iMac13,2"?

Can you please share an EFI folder that works with macOS Big Sur?
My specs are :
i7 3770
20GB DDR3 RAM
Asus RX560 2GB
240GB SSD + 4TB HDD

Didn’t go through all the posts but i jsut want to tell all of you that OpenCore Guide is coming very soon

want to tell all of you that OpenCore Guide is coming very soon
Great to hear ! As it looks like Big Sur is getting close to the GM release. Will your guide be using OC 0.6.3 ? Good things come to those who wait ;)

Didn’t go through all the posts but i jsut want to tell all of you that OpenCore Guide is coming very soon
Great! I have been trying to install Big Sur for a week now without success!

Great to hear ! As it looks like Big Sur is getting close to the GM release. Will your guide be using OC 0.6.3 ? Good things come to those who wait ;)
Thanks,

That’s why i wanted to keep it as close to GM as possible just in case if any big change happens on a newer beta, i won't have to workaround big problems.

Yes it will, usually Acidanthera monthly updates land between 1-5th day of each month.

Well yes, to be honest my update cycle is like LTS (Long Term Support) Kernel version into the Linux World.
They don't get updated often but when they do, lots of new stuff get's introduced.

Great! I have been trying to install Big Sur for a week now without success!
It installed like on a real mac on my Elite 8300 SFF.

OpenCore removes all the struggles and complications that Clover caused previously where you would need to find a reliable version as it was known to break things version after version.

That’s why i wanted to keep it as close to GM as possible just in case if any big change happens on a newer beta
I'm happy that all the HP 6300/8300 owners are getting such a long useful life out of these budget oriented desktops. The first HP 8300 guide I posted was back in 2017 when Sierra was the newest macOS. Now these reliable old machines will still have support through 2021.

Every Mac that Apple sold from 2012 and earlier has already lost support with Big Sur. I'm still amazed that HD4000 graphics are still fully supported when no Macs that have those are on the Big Sur supported list. Hope it survives the GM release, if not, it should be an easy fix.

Back