Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Hello, I need help with my HP 6300, I tried to update from Open Core 0.6.0 to 0.6.2 but had no success, can someone assist me please.
Specs:
Intel i5-3470S
GT710 NVIDIA ASUS 1024MB
8GB 1600MHz Samsung RAM
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD
500GB Seagate HDD
OpenCore 0.6.0
macOS 10.15.7 (19H2)

If anybody could give me there existing 0.6.2 EFI i would be grateful!

Pls Note: don't give me your config.plist with your SMBIOS data!

May I request the same helping hand for 8300 USFF with HD4000? I followed the dortania guide for Ivy Bridge to the letter. But I don't have the slightest idea how to get (HDMI) sound working. Any ideas? Please find my attempt attached for 10.15.7. (serial cleansed)

Attachments

• OC_0.6.2.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
I didn't know this. Did you write it up anywhere on this site ? Would be interesting to see all that you did.
HP8300_USDT_WiFi_BT.jpg
USB connection is on the side of this adapter, no short risk. The Apple Broadcom is BCM94331CSAX with three connectors for antenna leads. I have all three hooked up to external antenna.

At some point I'll do a complete HP 8300 USDT setup guide that references your guide @trs96 and includes the hardware (see the mSATA Samsung 860 EVO there, that's my boot disk with macOS Mojave and Windows 10, clover. Also have a 4 TB 3.5 drive in the drive caddy, split into two 2 TB partitions because the BIOS on this computer will only support up to 2 TB. Fun very small unit! One of my favorite hackintosh form factors.

Also, just found my previous post about this ... HERE where I comment that everything works, plus BT keyboard from Clover. Everything is native. Now, in that post I had not yet worked out the internal header, but if you follow the thread from there you will see that I did fix my USB definitions.

Last edited:
May I request the same helping hand for 8300 USFF with HD4000? I followed the dortania guide for Ivy Bridge to the letter. But I don't have the slightest idea how to get (HDMI) sound working. Any ideas? Please find my attempt attached for 10.15.7. (serial cleansed)

HDMI output control is not possible from the MacOS side, please control with the volume on the monitor device side.

I'm testing after fixing the posted EFI, but I can't start it for now.

Last edited:
You can not get HDMI Audio Working becuase there is no HDMI on the HP 6300/8300 Series of PCs. Do you mean DisplayPort

Hi, @trs96 , could you please post your EFI and Config.plist files?

i want to use Open core

i tried using clover but did not like it :(

Back