Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Have you tried booting from Sniki's EFI folder ? Does that give the same results ?
So I see in Sniki's EFI folder it has the following folders: BOOT, OC.

Where I have APPLE, BOOT, CLOVER.

Do I remove all my folders and replace them with Sniki's BOOT, OC? Do I not need the APPLE folder?

Do I remove all my folders and replace them with Sniki's BOOT, OC? Do I not need the APPLE folder?
replace the whole EFI no need for Apple folder

Hi all,

Relative noob here. I successfully installed Sierra on my HP 8300 about two years ago and I'm now looking to upgrade to Catalina. I have a question about transferring my current files/apps/settings onto Catalina.

The guide has me formatting my current OS drive and doing a clean install. I have a Time Machine backup for my current drive. Once I've got Catalina installed correctly, can I use Time Machine to transfer files, applications, keychains, and all other User info? Or even use Migration Assistant?

Thanks for any help or tips!

Thanks for all the help @trs96. I copied Sniki's EFI folder and all is working great now thanks.

The guide has me formatting my current OS drive and doing a clean install.
Yes, I would switch to OpenCore (use Sniki's EFI) now, just like soundbase did. Then when setting up your admin account with Catalina, restore from your time machine backup.

Yes, I would switch to OpenCore (use Sniki's EFI) now, just like soundbase did. Then when setting up your admin account with Catalina, restore from your time machine backup.
Not totally sure I understand what soundbase did. Do you mean following the steps in the guide but using Sniki's OC EFI folder, or doing this whole process with OC? If the latter, I think I would need some kind of guide, as I'm not familiar with OC. Is this Clover-based guide not working as well?

Do you mean following the steps in the guide but using Sniki's OC EFI folder
All that's required is to generate your own unique serials and SmUUID to use the OC folder. Might be a small part related to which CPU you have for the power mgt. So there's not a big OC learning curve if you want to try it.

Not totally sure I understand what soundbase did. Do you mean following the steps in the guide but using Sniki's OC EFI folder, or doing this whole process with OC? If the latter, I think I would need some kind of guide, as I'm not familiar with OC. Is this Clover-based guide not working as well?
I followed this guide with Clover. But my setup was having weird restart issues.

So I then replaced the EFI folder with Sniki's EFI folder after the installation and all is working well now.

But guess if would have done it again would of started with OC instead.

Thanks for chiming in soundbase!

Just so I'm clear on the steps: Would I replace the EFI folder with Sniki's in the pre-installation stage where it says "Open the EFI partition of your USB drive..." And then generally follow the guide from there on out as normal?

And for generating unique serial and SmUUID, can I follow this, trs96? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gensmbios-video-tutorial.308444/#post-2232046

Back