Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Should I load up Itunes on Windows 10 and see how that performs?
Thanks TRS 96
Sorry - Windows and Mojave are on seperate SSD drives.
Thanks

Sorry - Windows and Mojave are on seperate SSD drives.
Thanks
You might try disconnecting the iTunes library on HDD Then boot up and open iTunes Mojave and see if it is still as slow.
The newer iTunes is very different from the version you originally used so it may be having trouble seeing the drive with all the music on it.

Thanks TRS!! When I disconnect the HDD, iTunes boots fine. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
125 gigs of music, no videos.
Like I said, worked fine with Mt. Lion, but that was using a Gigabyte motherboard.
TRS, do you think this a Hackintosh problem, a Mojave problem or an HP 8300 problem?
Also the HDD is plugged into the SATA # 2 port on the motherboard - which I believe is SATA II not SATA III. Could this be my problem?
Thanks

TRS, do you think this a Hackintosh problem, a Mojave problem or an HP 8300 problem?
Also the HDD is plugged into the SATA # 2 port on the motherboard - which I believe is SATA II not SATA III. Could this be my problem?
The type of sata port has nothing to do with this. Read post #234 again as I've added some things.

Thanks TRS!
Great recommendation on the HP 8300! For $200, it can't be beat. These are really well built desktops.

For $200, it can't be beat. These are really well built desktops.
That's why I wrote my Sierra and High Sierra guides. To let people know they could save a lot of money by buying a refurb HP that's nearly as fast as a new, custom PC/Hackintosh that costs 700 dollars or more.

Hi TRS. Put iTunes on my Windows 10 SSD and it accesses my HDD super quick. My 4500 songs load in a snap. Not sure why iTunes performs so much better in Windows 10 (and Mountain Lion) than in Mojave? It should be the other way around.
Gotta be a software issue.
I'll keep digging.
Thanks

If any one has working ssdt for an i5 3570 which was made one of these machines, would they post it please.

Nicksoph,

I'm not sure what you mean for working ssdt for an i5-3570. I have an i5-3570 machine where I'm using an MSI RX 560 with IGPU disabled in BIOS. I'm using Sniki's ssdt and the first Power management
method from post #1, reposted below. I had to slightly modify Sniki's config.plist, but the ssdt seems to be working fine and I seem to be getting proper power management.

Power Management
Power Management contrary to what many desktop guides say, it's not something only necessary for laptops, but it is really important to be properly implemented for Desktops as well.

Without proper Power Management your Desktop:
- Won't be able to reach it's maximum performance (no idle frequency, not reaching max turbo boost, overclock speed, etc)
- Won't be stable, crashes, freezes, hangs, etc.
- Excessive Power Consumption, fans spinning all time, Noise, Heat, etc.

In this guide we have two options of Power Management implementation:

1.XCPM Only
This is a newer method that works really well on Haswell+, not so good on some Ivy Bridge CPUs, but does work really well on the CPUs that these HP Desktops use.
With this method, we don't need the Custom SSDT.aml create from ssdtPRGen.sh script but instead we have Power Management set on config.plist from these two:
- config.plist /ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=Yes
- config.plist /KernelAndKextPatches/KernelXCPM=Yes

This is the method of Power Management used on my files and are already configured, i wrote this only for documentation purpose and for those people that for some reasons, they have issues with this type of Power Management on their Desktops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back