Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything looks good in 10.8.4. I Just replaced appleacpiplattform.kext with an older one and installed realtek alc889.

Thanks Santitif,
It looks like darkwake=8 works for me as well, now I can finally save 2$ a year and let my hardware cool down.
I just did the 10.8.4 update and had no issue other than reinstalling the 889 non-dsdt audio driver.
Im very happy with the way things are working.

where do you get $2?

.2kW * 24h/day*365day*.12$/kWh = $210.24

ressurecting this thread because i'm taking the plunge and redoing a broken system with this method.

Any way to tell if my mobo is rev 1.0 or 1.3? I've looked all over the thing and don't see any mention of revision...

ressurecting this thread because i'm taking the plunge and redoing a broken system with this method.

Any way to tell if my mobo is rev 1.0 or 1.3? I've looked all over the thing and don't see any mention of revision...

Odd - I've never seen a Gigabyte mobo that **doesn't** have the version # on it somewhere. It's typically near one of the corners & near a screw hole. Will say (in white silkscreen print) "rev 1.0" right near where the model # of the mobo is printed.

Odd - I've never seen a Gigabyte mobo that **doesn't** have the version # on it somewhere. It's typically near one of the corners & near a screw hole. Will say (in white silkscreen print) "rev 1.0" right near where the model # of the mobo is printed.

Boom! Very helpful, thank you. This mobo has more than 1 year of use and is dusty/crammed into a small case, so I obviously missed it. Ill check the corners again and do a bit more dusting. I assumed it was near whereit says "gigabyte ....." And has a bar code. Thanks!!

10.8.5 WORKING

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone here know how i got it working
ok so

First go to your extensions folder remove the old GenericUSBXHCI kext just delete it

For USB 3.0 download the kext that is on the 10.8.5 page from Stork (or from the attachment here)
install kext i used kext helper you can also drag and drop it back in to the folder and repair permissions
then finally

repair disk permissions ---> install combo update --> run mb reinstalled ALC889 --> repair disk permission --> restart

PS it told me that it failed when installing combo update but it installed 10.8.5

8naym.jpg

s76b2.jpg

Attachments

• GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.5.tar.gz
    110.3 KB · Views: 195
Are you sure that gonna work through this steps? Can i do the update via apple store? Is there any possibility to face problems with this? Or it's gonna work either way? I am not so familiar so i am afraid of problems i may face. Could you explain a little bit more about the kext you have attached?
Do i have to update unibeast as well?
Do you have a full working system?
Many questions to be sure...sorry for that.

Thanks for your help!!!!

I recommend using the updated MultiBeast v5.5.1 or newer (depending upon when you read this) as it has the latest version of the GenericUSBXHCI.kext which at the time of this post is 1.2.6d. :thumbup:

My method for applying the 10.8.5 Combo Update is here in Post #2.

I have a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 board coming in the mail this week along with:

Intel i7-2600k 3.4ghz
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) 240-pin DDR3 1600 RAM
XFX Radeon HD 6770 Video Card

Anything that I definitely need to know to get it all working under 10.8.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back