Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a little question. Does anyone have to replace the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to get the system working?
I am wondering, sometimes i get a kernel panic for no reason and i am not shure if this has something to do with replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext with an older one.

Hi,

There are some issues reported on web about flashing BIOS to UEFI. Therefore, there is a RISK !!!!
I flashed my board and have no issue but maybe I'm just lucky. Anyway, if you're still insisting then below are the steps I used:

1. Download the following from the web (google it) :
- HP USB Disk Strorage Format Tool (the one I found was HPFlash1.zip)
- Windows 98 System Files (the one I found was win98boot.zip)
- The UEFI BIOS file from Gigabyte site .Make sure you choose the correct one for your board sine they have both rev 1.0 and rev 1.3

2. Extract them all using winrar.

3. Run the hpflash1.exe to install the tool

4. Insert your thumb drive into your system (usb-2 port and the drive should be less than 4 GB - I used my old 256MB drive)

5 Open the installed HP tool program from "Start menu -> All Programs -> Hewlett-Packard Company" and run the program with the following options:
- Choose your thumb drive in Device:
- FAT32
- Create DOS startup disk
- Check "using DOS system files located at" and point it to the extracted win98boot directory

6. Click start and let it finish formatting

7. GO to the extracted BIOS file and copy FLASHEFI.EXE, Z8MAD2H3.U1B and autoexec.bat to the root directory of your thumb drive.

8. Restart your system and choose F12 to boot with your newly created bootable thumb drive.

9. The flashing should start automatically. Follow direction on the screen (shutdown the system for a few seconds..blah blah ;-) )

10. Shutdown your system, unplug the power cord. Plug the cord and start it in a few seconds

11. Go into BIOS and MAKE SURE you load the optimized default setting and savve it (F10)

12. Change your BIOS setting accordingly and hit F10 to save the changes.

I think that was all I did to flash BIOS. I then followed the guide below provided by an awesome hackintosh (thanks a ton to Memmerson) to get my system working .

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Good luck !!!

If I miss any steps here, can someone help providing input ..thanks to all those who make hackintosh much easier ;-)

Thank you mate !!! This worked on my GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard !!!

after some time i finaly dicided to update for f12 to uefi U1h
I changed the bios as showed post1. Installed af fresh 10.8.2 on a 250GB clean disk. Installes fine, and first boot no problem, but when i run multibeast setting as showen
(bth ethernet works default) and reboot - KP

What have i misted????

after some time i finaly dicided to update for f12 to uefi U1h
I changed the bios as showed post1. Installed af fresh 10.8.2 on a 250GB clean disk. Installes fine, and first boot no problem, but when i run multibeast setting as showen
(bth ethernet works default) and reboot - KP

What have i misted????

What version of ML? Fakesmc plugins make troubles (KP) if you install them in 10.8.0/1 and update to 10.8.2
I advise you dont instal usb3.0 on multibeast (10.8.2 enables it by default)
I would install Ln2xmac on ethernet instead of realtekgigabyte.

What version of ML? Fakesmc plugins make troubles (KP) if you install them in 10.8.0/1 and update to 10.8.2
I advise you dont instal usb3.0 on multibeast (10.8.2 enables it by default)
I would install Ln2xmac on ethernet instead of realtekgigabyte.

My Unibeast is 10.8.2 - so directly 10.8.2 - no upgrade. So no USB3 - do i realy need a ethernet driver? (right now i am using my hack during first boot) - i have formatted the HD and a new clean install - unibeast. Now i will run multibeast 5.2.1. - think i will leave out Fakesmc plugins for now.

Get back sone - i hope...... ;)

My Unibeast is 10.8.2 - so directly 10.8.2 - no upgrade. So no USB3 - do i realy need a ethernet driver? (right now i am using my hack during first boot) - i have formatted the HD and a new clean install - unibeast. Now i will run multibeast 5.2.1. - think i will leave out Fakesmc plugins for now.

Get back sone - i hope...... ;)

Damm - KP..... again - Boom right after chimera, the apple logo comes and KP right away.
My system runs fine during first boot - aka before multi beast. Do i need to do new clean install og can i some how get into my system and trie other multibeast settings?

Damm - KP..... again - Boom right after chimera, the apple logo comes and KP right away.
My system runs fine during first boot - aka before multi beast. Do i need to do new clean install og can i some how get into my system and trie other multibeast settings?

AHCI mode on bios?

AHCI mode on bios?

Yes - Bios set as recommended. This i my third build, and the others works like a charm. So i am really frustrated. This is my first time using uefi bios though.

Edit:
Stupid silly mi...... i forgot to save after loading optimized defaults....... - now i works
When i am sure i have a stable system i will start playing with different sittings - and over clocking

I know this is a silly question, but I just got the Fractal Core 1000 and the Corsair H60. How did you install the H60? The Core 1000's fan slot in the back is too small for it to install. Where did you put it?

Thanks for any help you can provide..
-FP

I know this is a silly question, but I just got the Fractal Core 1000 and the Corsair H60. How did you install the H60? The Core 1000's fan slot in the back is too small for it to install. Where did you put it?

Thanks for any help you can provide..
-FP

I have mine on in the back, but i have i G5 case mod. The case looks a bit to small to fit a H60 - Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back