Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mod
G5 case mod
GA-Z68X-D2H2-B3 - rev. 1.3 - UEFI bios U1h
Cor i5 2500
IntelG HD3000 set at 512 mb ram
8 gb ram - 2x4 bg Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600mhz.
Fusion drive -- 128 gb Vertex plus R2 + 1 tb seagate

Have run multibeast as usual. My system is still unstable - random shutdown and the auto boot.
It boot fine - audio and sleep working. I can not figurer out what is wrong.......

Hello.I upgrate bios to UEFI and install ML.
I didn't run any test but system look not so fast.
I turn off energy saving but use turn off display after 15 min.
when the display goes to sleep, the computer hangs and requires a reset. If you turn off the display energy saving, then this is no problem.
USB3.0 works, but takes a minute of time or more to the mapped drive will be visible by system

ps: sorry for bad English

can I overclock my i7-3770k with this config?

dropping the DSDT by pointing it /dev/null and with that I could boot. To remove that requirement for future boot I renamed the /extra/DSDT.aml file to something else, i.e.: DSDT.aml.old to prevent it from being loaded. That worked fine.

Hi,

I updated BIOS from F9 to UEFI and tried to do a fresh install of 10.7.4 on a partition. Sorry for posting this on 10.8 thread. Kept failing and gave up and tried to boot the existing Lion 10.7.4 installation. Kernel panic as soon as it starts to boot. Tried to nuke the DSDT via terminal with rm -f /Extra/DSDT.aml. That got rid of the DSDT from the Extras folder but still KP on boot. And booted fine with "DSDT=" Ran Multibeast 4.7 again with the UserDSDT option checked without a DSDT.aml on the desktop. Still KP on boot, except I lost ethernet so I ran the Gigabit ethernet kext from Multibeast 4.6.1 (which is what I had before) and ethernet is running again. I then put back DSDT.aml in Extras but renamed as DSDT.aml.old as above, but still KP. I realize that was ML you were on but figured no harm trying it.

I cannot boot without the "DSDT=" flag. Works fine (and possibly more stable than before maybe) so far with that flag. Any ideas if there are remnants of DSDT somewhere that I need to get rid of? Or how to get around this problem? Thanks!

Update: for my install I had to turn off VT-d in bios and set AHCI in peripherals.
Just unplug power to my gtx570 video card. Used DVI.
Had to use-x to boot into install and OS
Use the guide selection for multibeast 5.2.1
I did not select USB, Trim, or a SSDT definition in multi-beast.
SSDT definition must be used with macmini 5,1 (I used i5)
1080p display (1920x1080 monitor)
Run Repair disc permission
Restart (hd3000 stopped functioning around now)
Update
Power down.
Connect gtx video-card
Power up
Reinstall audio
Load the newest chameleon to fix iMessage.

10.8.3 update

10.8.3 update is safe works 100% no need to install any kexts

Hey guys just downloaded the combo update installed and powered off computer everything works fine didnt even re install any kexts, all works normally even my wifi and i am using the real apple wifi hack with the mini pci in adapter

Sam

:D

10.8.3 update is safe works 100% no need to install any kexts

Hey guys just downloaded the combo update installed and powered off computer everything works fine didnt even re install any kexts, all works normally even my wifi and i am using the real apple wifi hack with the mini pci in adapter

Sam

:D

I confirm. Everything working using AppleStore 10.8.3 update here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back