Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you type DSDT=/dev/null or delete your DSDT before upgrading? Otherwise OSX definitely won't boot.

Thanks for the answer :)
This is a fresh install. Does it still apply? where do I type this (I don't even get to chimera)?

Hmm, you're right that it doesn't apply on a fresh install. Did you make sure to enable AHCI in the bios?

yes...
might it be related to the fact that that I have core i3?

Succeded.

Some minor problems:
-The TRIM did not worked after 10.8.1 update and MultiBeast 5.0.2. I know it has nothing to do with the bios-uefi upgrade. I've solved the problem with Trim Enabler 2.2.
-The SSD and HDD drives both recognized as external not ejectable drives. I don't care about it.

I've just upgraded the bios-efi, than booted with DSDT=/dev/null. Installed 10.8.1 combo update, and run MultiBeast with the settings from first post. Renamed the DSDT file, then made a permission repair with Disk Utility. Rebooted, than installed TrimEnabler. Another reboot and everything is working fine apart from the external thing mentioned above.

It's snappier, boots much faster, sleeps-wakes without any problem, and handles my Logitech webcam way better than with F9 and F10 (Sometimes I had to launch Skype several times to have video and audio, and after sleep it only worked after the next reboot.).

Edit: The external drive problem solved by the AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, and the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext installation.

I've solved the problem with e black screen! I connected another hard drive that didn't have windows 7 installed on it and it worked. Afterwards I connected my old drive, formatted and was able to install as planned.

yes...
might it be related to the fact that that I have core i3?

your core i3 come with HD2000 or HD3000?

OS X don't support HD2000

HD3000

I can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, also I am getting some artifacts (for e.g: new tab window in safari).
I installed multibeast as per the guide, what can be the problem?

that's why OS X cannot detect the LAN

you may

(1) return the board for repair

(2) try, flash it back to award bios, load the backup firmware

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/26371-how-to-flash-gigabyte-backup-bios
http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211000-gigabyte-dualbios-will-not-run-advertised.html

actually I have 4pcs of GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, one of them after flashed to AMI UEFI (I have modded the firmware), the LAN was gone, I have flash it back to AWARD bios, and some how finally get the LAN back. the detail of the operation, I cannot remember, I think the idea is crash the main bios, let the backup bios take it place.

How to downgrade UEFI to previous Hybrid Bios - Gigabyte
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168667

Thank you, I will try a sonet pcie lan card I have and/or wait for another uefi bios from gigabyte.:beachball::beachball::beachball:

Thank you for this guide. I found it really exciting and was eager to get to work on my system. I have run into trouble though and am here to inquire. I have read through a large portion of this incredibly long thread but didn't find my answer, though I did find all kinds of interesting information.
I am attempting the installation, having successfully installed the UEFI bios and created a Mountain Lion Unibeast drive with no issues, but booting the Unibeast drive goes to the grey apple screen with a spinner and after a moment it goes to black and the display turns off. The machine does not restart and must be hard restarted. Booting in verbose mode, it mentions something about the previous reason but unfortunately the last, and probably relevant messages flash past to black too fast for me to read. I'll keep trying.
Oddities in my system which may be the cause: I'm using a mere Celeron 2.4 GHz G530. I am using a known compatible eVGA Geforce 240 PCIe 16x card for graphics, knowing that the "HD Video" in the Celeron is not compatible with OS X. I have disabled the video in BIOS, but neither that nor leaving it on Auto or PEG init display first yield any different result.
I am assuming something about the CPU is the issue. But I can't tell.
The only other thing I noticed is there is a reference in the guide to the Boot menu having duplicate entries for the Unibeast drive and to select the one that does not say UEFI. Neither on the Boot menu nor the chimera menu has two choices for me with one labeled UEFI. Does this mean something?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back