Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the wonderful guide!

Quick question: If I am using i3-2005 what do I need to mark in the multibeast regarding ssdt?

Really interesting guide. I do have this Motherboard (F9) and I am running 10.8.0 on a DSDT. Everything seems to work. Is it 100% (or close to) to upgrade to UEFI? I need my computer for school and was wondering if it is worth the risk (if any) to try this. I am experiencing pretty long boots times so this might help.

Just as a side note, you said to make the Partition <1TB does this mean I can make it exactly 1TB and it should work?
Right now I have a i5 2500K (Non-OC'd), 16GB RAM, 1TB Seagate Barracuda. Planning on getting Wifi/Firewire cards, discrete graphics (waiting for GTX 650 ;)).

The main question is: Is there the chance that I could really mess up my system or should I play it safe and keep with whats working?

​Thanks!

Really interesting guide. I do have this Motherboard (F9) and I am running 10.8.0 on a DSDT. Everything seems to work. Is it 100% (or close to) to upgrade to UEFI? I need my computer for school and was wondering if it is worth the risk (if any) to try this. I am experiencing pretty long boots times so this might help.

Just as a side note, you said to make the Partition <1TB does this mean I can make it exactly 1TB and it should work?
Right now I have a i5 2500K (Non-OC'd), 16GB RAM, 1TB Seagate Barracuda. Planning on getting Wifi/Firewire cards, discrete graphics (waiting for GTX 650 ;)).

The main question is: Is there the chance that I could really mess up my system or should I play it safe and keep with whats working?

​Thanks!

It will require some work, some luck and some head-ache, but do-able ;-) the benefit is not much though ...unless you want to tinker with new stuff ;-)

are you using AMI UEFI firmware or Award bios ? in the bios setup, Press F9, can you see the MAC Address of your ethernet controller?

I'm using UEFI, and no mac for LAN even enabled, pressing F9 got N/A.....:beachball::beachball::beachball:

I'm using UEFI, and no mac for LAN even enabled, pressing F9 got N/A.....:beachball::beachball::beachball:

that's why OS X cannot detect the LAN

you may

(1) return the board for repair

(2) try, flash it back to award bios, load the backup firmware

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/26371-how-to-flash-gigabyte-backup-bios
http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211000-gigabyte-dualbios-will-not-run-advertised.html

actually I have 4pcs of GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, one of them after flashed to AMI UEFI (I have modded the firmware), the LAN was gone, I have flash it back to AWARD bios, and some how finally get the LAN back. the detail of the operation, I cannot remember, I think the idea is crash the main bios, let the backup bios take it place.

How to downgrade UEFI to previous Hybrid Bios - Gigabyte
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168667

Thanks for the great guide! I was hopefull that this time I will finally have a working hackintosh...

I upgraded my motherboard to UEFI. Then I inserted the unibeast drive and choose it from the boot screen (it is listed only once and without UEFI).

Then the installation doesn't start, I get blank screen and after a minute it reboots back to windows... I don't even see the chimera boot screen :(

I tried making a new unibeast drive, but I get the same result. The screen is thru DVI.

Would be grateful for any sort of help :)

I upgraded my motherboard to UEFI. Then I inserted the unibeast drive and choose it from the boot screen (it is listed only once and without UEFI).

Then the installation doesn't start, I get blank screen and after a minute it reboots back to windows... I don't even see the chimera boot screen :(

Did you type DSDT=/dev/null or delete your DSDT before upgrading? Otherwise OSX definitely won't boot.

Hey memmerson, I just wanted to say thank you for the great guide. I finally got the courage to upgrade, and boy am I pleased with the result. I was so glad you posted the terminal method of creating the flash drive because it is much easier than MacMan's method. I also managed to get HDMI audio working for discrete graphics with a DSDT I created with toleda's help. Boot times are much improved now (at least on the BIOS side - I still need to get that Samsung 830 I've been saving up for to speed up the OS side).

Also, just a little annoyance, but has anyone else noticed that the mouse is really laggy and unusable in the BIOS? I just use the keyboard.

Anyway, I attached my DSDT for anyone who wants to try it. I still have the Lion AppleHDA kext, so if you installed any audio kexts with MultiBeast 5 or later you'll need to change "layout-id" under HDEF (this can be found by searching "layout-id" in DSDTSE) to
Code:
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
Keep in mind that this DSDT enables HDMI audio for discrete graphics only.

View attachment DSDT.aml.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back