i5-8600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Are all of these needed?
Okay, so I checked them out. Seem to have been installed with 3rd party apps. I just removed them and nothing's broken so far. My /L/E now only has the below, plus I updated the GitHub just for the record (* are later versions than I had in my folder):

* WhateverGreen.kext
* Lilu.kext
* AppleALC.kext
EnergyDriver.kext
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

The sensors ones I need for iStatMenus so I put them into the kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition:

FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N ITX
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
I now have your revised EFI and KEXTs installed. The only issue I am running into is the screen takes on a purple tint after a reboot. Replugging the HDMI cord fixes it. I have read posts that this is caused because of EDID of my monitor is incorrect and it thinks it is a television set. Thanks again.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N-WiFi-F10-Clover
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Replugging the HDMI cord fixes it.
That is a pain. Maybe you can reset the EDID of the monitor. Or change the Display Profile. My Hack knows what my monitor is (Samsung SE790C) and offers me a heap of profiles. Not sure if that would help.

Another thought is the DP port, but as you said and I agree, it doesn't work. Maybe there's a way to do it, but I read that WhateverGreen/Lilu specifically works for HDMI. It should be possible though. I'd prefer to run DP as I only get 50Hz on the HDMI.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N ITX
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
That is a pain. Maybe you can reset the EDID of the monitor. Or change the Display Profile. My Hack knows what my monitor is (Samsung SE790C) and offers me a heap of profiles. Not sure if that would help.

Another thought is the DP port, but as you said and I agree, it doesn't work. Maybe there's a way to do it, but I read that WhateverGreen/Lilu specifically works for HDMI. It should be possible though. I'd prefer to run DP as I only get 50Hz on the HDMI.
The colors only get screwed up during the boot process. Since I normally Sleep my system I think I will put up with replugging the cable when I reboot.

Motherboard
GA-Z370N wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630 - RX 570 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Everything works, attached find my EFIi folder. Have removed SMBIOS section, use 18,1 for no external graphics card and generate your serial number. I am using Dell 1560 card for wifi/bluetooth so have put in L/E
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and
IntelMausiEthernet.kext

all the rest in clover, kext,other
used intel FB Patcher for USB and GPU, Ports enabled in USB: Both USB3 ports attached to the front of my case via motherboard socket as well as USB 2 port. Back side there are 4 port on left out of that have disabled second port from top and one just below ethernet port also USB C port is disabled. So 4 USB3 ports from back, 2 USB3 ports in front total 6 USB3 ports, 1 USB2 port and 1 internal USB2 port for Bluetooth, total 14 ports. Which is defined in USBPorts.kext. With this you don't require any one of the rehab mans usbinjectall.kext,XHCI-...kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
With this you don't require any one of the rehab mans usbinjectall.kext,XHCI-...kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml
Understood. I found the RehabMan method first and it's easy enough to do, plus for this motherboard anyone can modify mine if they want.

Later I tried FBPatcher on my board and it mapped one of the front ports to HS6 instead of HS2 (which I could see under IORegistryExplorer). No idea why it did that. Maybe a reboot would have fixed. Seems FBPatcher is easier than SSDT.

Does your EFI give you DP or HDMI same as me?

Motherboard
GA-Z370N wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630 - RX 570 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don’t have two monitors but when I attach both hdmi & dp Cables to my dell p2415q monitors in display preferences I see 2monitors then I can switch by changing the the connection type from the monitor one shows the menu one doesn’t, when i change instead of side by side to mirror both shows the menu so am assuming both works

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I attach both hdmi & dp Cables
Try with only the DP alone. Sounds like it might work. Also sleep/wake? Looking at your Config.plist you have different values for IntelGFX (nothing), ig-platform-id (nothing). I might try although my system is nice and stable right now :)

Motherboard
GA-Z370N wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630 - RX 570 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
the frame buffer patch is in devices->properties the magic happens there. I attach only one dp cable but all hdmi ports work and 2 monitors also should work. Sleep wake works properly. have woken the computer after 4 hours and it wakes with 2-3 keypress, have not tried long sleep behaviour

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Last edited: